ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182's with or without cup packs??

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Any real differences in handling between the two............??????????
Pricing, as in should i be paying a premium for cup packs???
Resale in future, which would be easier to pass on??????

Titanium F/F 182
Had a very similar conversation last night with Ben at the NW meet. When I was looking for mine I only considered a full fat with cup packs. Can't really see the point of getting one with out them. IMO they look better and have the handling should you desire to use it. Can't really comment about resale values but I imagine they should be more popular when the time comes against a regular 182.

Cup 172
I wouldnt buy one without.

When I see one without, I just think that the driver doesnt know much about cars...

Could be totally wrong, but if thats what I think, there are probably other people who think the same...

BMW M3
Hi mate....

I have a 182 without cup pack and would say its far from a tame version of the 182. I have driven a cupped 182 and from what i could tell, there was hardly any difference. However, someone who has owned both might be able to advise you better.

The non cups IMO handle very well, corner with no roll and are still very firm.

I had a nice little blast on some b roads with a 172 cup and stayed right behind no problem.

The reason i got a non cup one was cause i wanted titanium with the silver, non grey alloys so went for it.

However, If you want the darker alloys, which most people prefer then i would say buy the cup. Only difference will prob be noticable on track and sits 4mm lower lol.

As for the cup spoiler pack..... i'm trying to find a splitter and rear spoiler off e-bay.

Resale: Probably better chance of selling with cup packs and maybe better value...not toosure.

All are great cars, but if you do want the (spoiler) looks and a little extra handling.... i would say cup.

Good luck mate.

Focus RS, 182 gone
make sure you buy one with cup packs, they look better and handle better as the suspention is lower and stiffer. Plus, most people who look to buy them second hand, want them with cup packs, so it will effect the resale value for sure. the only reason you should consider one without cup packs, is if you are thinking of buying coilovers and aftermarket alloys.

Burgandy 174 sport t
alot of b****cks, u really need to be booting it to notice any diff even then i doubt there is anything in it!

silver cup packed FF 182
now ive sold me car i can start looking for a cup packed 182 meself after driving me mates normal 172 for a day last week i should be able to tell the difference.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Cup packs all the way for me , my ff 182 with cup packs handles hell of alot better than my old 172 ff .Some of it might be due to the slightly wider tyres and the tyres themselves , make sure they've got the exaltos on , excellent grip :)

silver cup packed FF 182
would you expect to hear the common knocking noise on full lock on a ff 182? also when come to insuring a ff 182 would you insure it as clio cup182 or clio 182?

You won't notice any real different a none CUp will be worth ay £300 less depend on who buys it. In some ways I'd prefere a none Cuped one as the owner probably wanted a car for the spec rarther than the engine so probably hasn't hammered it as much. Also 172 suspension fits then the 182 with Cup packs have different hub sizes.
On tarck you could probabyl tell and there possibly a small lap time difference but drivers will make a bigger effect.

Astra VXR 17/05/07
edde said:
You won't notice any real different a none CUp will be worth ay £300 less depend on who buys it.
On tarck you could probabyl tell and there possibly a small lap time difference but drivers will make a bigger effect.

Well said, people bleat on and on about how much better a cup pack 182 handles. The vast majority have never driven a non cup pack 182 to compare against their cup pack 182. I`m sure some people have tried both but many have not been behind the wheel of a non cup pack...but still feel the need to go on about how much better the cup pack is.

I have had my non cup pack 182 for 2 years and can`t fault it`s handling, i have also had a decent enough go in a cup pack 182 and it`s not a major difference, as Edde says. Maybe a knats knacker or two around a track, but in the real world not a lot of difference.

I can`t stand the look of the anthracite wheels, they look cack in my opinion. That's the main reason i didn`t go for them. As for resale prices, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that a cup pack will be worth a bit more...duh...they cost more in the first place.

As for the cup spoiler and splitter, i have these and IMO Renault were taking the piss not fitting them as standard.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Can anyone help!!!!

I decided to go for the Clio 182 fitted with cup options. However i've been looking on autotrader and i'm getting confused with what is meant by cup pack. I've seen cup suspension upgrade and i've seen cup spoiler upgrade? Does this mean that there are two options and how can you tell they are fitted. Also how much extra would you pay for these option on top of the normal price of a 182. Sorry to be a pain but been looking for a 172 for ages but decided now I want to go for good 182. Sorry for the stupid questions but I want to know what i am buying.

Jas

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Cup packs are 1. front and rear spoiler 2. slightly lower and stiffer suspension with anthracite wheels instead of the silver wheels .

Most people seem to have both fitted rather than just one .

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Cheers for that. What are the differences between the Cup front and rear bumpers compared to the standard 182 bumpers?