ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

19 and own a valver in ere!

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer

basically ive been phoning around for quotes for insurance today for a valver

iam 19 and have no ncb and all the companys i phones bar one who quoted me 5 grand for tpft! have said i must be 21 + to be insured ina valver!

so if your 19 and owna a valver with no ncb whoa re you insured with and how much are you paying?

no chance at all, your lucky your getting quoted at all, what ever possesed you to buy a valver without any NCB!?

i think i found somewhere £1600TPFT when i was looking around for insurance.

gave up tho, really to high for me.

they could insure me 800TPFT on a RSI i think and £1600 on a Valver

i reckon after a bit of haggling could get £1400 cheapest

i am 19 and was lookin at gettin a valver, i have NNcs either and i have only passed my test for around 10months. i got quotes in the region of £890 tpft and £1140 FC on the ten month accelarator bonus with upfront payment. But that was with diamond as im a girl, but i did try tesco and CIS etc and they came in around £1800+ FC, sorry i cant be of ne real help to ya, i didnt mean to rub it in when i was orgianlly typing this lol...opps:oops:

i pay about £400 fully comp @ L&V

you young uns should stick to a 1.4 tops the valver is way too fast for inexperienced drivers

I insured my valver last year when I was 19 (1yrs NCB) with Adrian Flux for 1174

Im insured now (20, 2yrs NCB) with HIC for 742.....

I was 19 when i got mine but had 2 years ncb. Trident, or tangent? ONe of the 2 insured me with mods decleared for £800 and something.

Quote: Originally posted by Zmaster2k on 10 June 2004

elephant:

1907 third party fire theft
Probably as good as ya gunna get it. Is that 12 months? Try 10 months Bonus Accelerator..

They were the best for me.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S

elephant:

see what sticking your parents on a named drvers does, brought my quote down by £400

Titanium 182

i insured my valver at 18 with elephant

not problems

i was turning 19 3 weeks later odd and the bloke mentioned that

Im 20 with 1 years no claims and paying £800 TPFT but should be paying closer to £1300 but my insurance company havent upd my payments since changing the details to my valver. ;)

Im 19, under my dads name wit Co-Op and payin about £1200 tpft. If i wanted it on my own policy itll set me back £4500!!!! nearly 20 now tho, in sept.

mine was 1200 with wilsure when i was 19 and 2NCB but that was before the recent hike in prices. that was two years ago so its a lot lower now!

be careful with 10month accelerator things as i think they only give you a years no claims if you stay with them the subsequent year.....which is when they get their money back!!

Quote: Originally posted by ^adam^ on 10 June 2004

no chance at all, your lucky your getting quoted at all, what ever possesed you to buy a valver without any NCB!?
errrr. theres a few 17-18yr olds with em on here. i had one at 18.

i jus got a quote with elephant, £975, 19 1yr NCB! but thats the 10 month jobby, goes upto £1155 for a whole year tho!

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

19 1 yrs No claims, £775 TPFT with express insurance (from the back of fast car mag)

Try the performance insurers..

[Edited by Bubbles on 10 June 2004 at 8:27pm]

K20 EG Hatch

f**ks me!

these girlys get off loads cheaper and im sure it was proven they have more crashes than men!

i kno! Bubbles is £380 less that mine, thats same age, same car and mines probably a lower crime zone! jus not fair! :cry:

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

2 yrs no claims next month!! Woo :D

Im gona start ringing around this weekend and see "how low they can go"

I just got quoted £700 fully comp on my valver! im well chuffed with that but obviously im gonna play a coupla companies off against eachother to get a better deal!

regards

LY 200

elephant:

are you living in an high risk area or have you claimed before, im 19 and ive been driving just over a year and a half with no no claims because i was on my dads insurance before and i got mine with them for 1276 just 3 weeks ago and insured it for the value of 3k. i could have had fully comp for 1800. mine is garaged but surely thats not the difference of the tpft quote you got and mine!!

try and go on that confused.com meant to give you the best quote of about 20 different insurance companies apparently!!

Quote: Originally posted by Dan Page on 10 June 2004

these girlys get off loads cheaper and im sure it was proven they have more crashes than men!
Apparently their claims are, on average, cheaper to sort.. i.e. when a girl reverses into someone parking its a few dinks... when a bloke stacks it at high speed its a total loss!!

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

Quote: Originally posted by Scribbler on 10 June 2004

i pay about £400 fully comp @ L&V

you young uns should stick to a 1.4 tops the valver is way too fast for inexperienced drivers
psh, as if hes going to turn one down coz hes too inexperienced, plus he cud have been driving 2years which is long enough to wait till u drive a 1.8 clio.

as ive sed b4, ne car can kill you its all about how much respect u give it.