ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

19 in 6 months, what car to get?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
No but short journeys like that kill it, the car wont get a proper chance to warm up/settle before it actually turns out above 30mpg etc

Short journeys in any car are the achillies heel as im sure your aware never mind a 2.0l petrol.

Imo ofcourse :)

agreed to a certain extent but as long as the car is getting good use for other drives rather than to work and back then it wont be a problem. my old 190 brake 172 got used daily to go 1.5 miles to work and 1.5 miles back from work 7 days a week but it also got plenty other use and aloud to warm up properly and it never done it any harm.

mate dont worry about fuel consumption i got 240 miles from a tank of fuel in my old 1.2 16v and 220 miles from a tank of fuel from my modified 172 so unless 20 miles is a big issue to you then it wont cost much more!!!

DB.

BMW 440i
Im getting 300 miles plus to a tank at the moment mate! Better fuel efficiency than my 1.4, and on the motorway its the same story!

BMW M Lite
Although if fuel economy was what he wanted I doubt we'd all be having this discussion. He'd just go out and buy a diesel. Oooh idea!!!

Get a Fabia VRS!!! :cool:

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
get a 182, why waste time on a saxo or 106? thats the same as i pay and im 22 with 1 year no claims

MCS R56
So your modified Ibiza would hassle a standard 197.../

I know we dont exactly get along on here matey but that statement makes precisley no sense? Unless im missing somthing?

We may have different views on things but I've nothing against you. You have a lot of good things to say.

What makes no sense?

Clio 197 + Mrk 3 DCI
[FONT=&quot]Unless you have "modded" The figures dont lie sonny[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Ibiza Cupra TDI
[/FONT]

Max speed
136.4 miles/h
0-100 km/h
7.6 seconds​

118 kw (158hp / 160 ps)​
Torque
330 Nm (243 Lb-Ft)​
Displacement
1.9 liters​
Engine type
Inline 4, Turbocharged, Diesel​
Engine location
Front​
Gearbox
6​
Drive
Front​
Mass
1215 kilograms (2673 lbs)​

Power to Weight ratio
129.89 hp/tonne​
Power per liter
62 kw/liter​

Clio Sport 197

Max speed
134.2 miles/h​
0-100 km/h
6.8 seconds​

Power
145 kw (194hp / 197 ps)​
Torque
216 Nm (159 Lb-Ft)​
Displacement
1.998 liters​
Engine type
Inline 4​
Engine location
Front​

Gearbox
6​
Drive
Front​
Mass
1220 kilograms (2684 lbs)​
Weight distribution

Power to Weight ratio
159.27 hp/tonne​
Power per liter
73 kw/liter​

Last edited:
  MCS R56
[FONT=&quot]Unless you have "modded" The figures dont lie sonny[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Ibiza Cupra TDI[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Max speed[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]136.4 miles/h (220 km/h)[/FONT]​

[FONT=&quot]0-100 km/h[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]7.6 seconds[/FONT]​

[FONT=&quot]118 kw (158hp / 160 ps)[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Torque[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]330 Nm (243 Lb-Ft)[/FONT]​

[FONT=&quot]Displacement[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1.9 liters[/FONT]​

[FONT=&quot]Engine type[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Inline 4, Turbocharged, Diesel[/FONT]​

[FONT=&quot]Engine location[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Front[/FONT]​

[FONT=&quot]Gearbox[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]6[/FONT]​

[FONT=&quot]Drive[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Mass[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1215 kilograms (2673 lbs)[/FONT]​

[FONT=&quot]Power to Weight ratio[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]129.89 hp/tonne[/FONT]​

[FONT=&quot]Power per liter[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]62 kw/liter[/FONT]​

Clio Sport 197

[FONT=&quot]Max speed[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]-[/FONT]​

[FONT=&quot]0-100 km/h[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]6.8 seconds[/FONT]​

[FONT=&quot]Power[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]145 kw (194hp / 197 ps)[/FONT]​

[FONT=&quot]Torque[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]216 Nm (159 Lb-Ft)[/FONT]​

[FONT=&quot]Displacement[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1.998 liters[/FONT]​

[FONT=&quot]Engine type[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Inline 4[/FONT]​

[FONT=&quot]Engine location[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Gearbox[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]6[/FONT]​

[FONT=&quot]Drive[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Mass[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1220 kilograms (2684 lbs)[/FONT]​

[FONT=&quot]Weight distribution[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Power to Weight ratio[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]159.27 hp/tonne[/FONT]​

[FONT=&quot]Power per liter[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]73 kw/liter[/FONT]​

Yes, slightly modded thanks. So what? I didn't say it was standard, you assumed this.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
LOL nobody's fault really!

Don't want to see another topic locked though, quite interested to see what choice the OP makes. :)

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Cool...!

Well just to clarify my point, i really dont see the point in comparing one modified car to a standard one as its hardly a like for like comparisson.

Thats like saying my turbocharged 106 GTi will happily piss all over your standard Clio 172, well yes, its modified/adapted/fettled to move across tarmac at a quicker rate of knots than yours etc, this has always been an argument i do not agree with as its not cricket in terms of like for like.

Im not doubting your Cupra is quick, not atall, but without any disrespect 'flame' others into a dis agreement over which is quicker is a little daft :( ?

MCS R56
Cool...!

Well just to clarify my point, i really dont see the point in comparing one modified car to a standard one as its hardly a like for like comparisson.

Thats like saying my turbocharged 106 GTi will happily piss all over your standard Clio 172, well yes, its modified/adapted/fettled to move across tarmac at a quicker rate of knots than yours etc, this has always been an argument i do not agree with as its not cricket in terms of like for like.

Im not doubting your Cupra is quick, not atall, but without any disrespect 'flame' others into a dis agreement over which is quicker is a little daft :( ?

Agreed on all points. Although comments like..."I cant see how you can actually say that, and coming from a tractor driver to!" fromidiots who think their Clio is the best car on the road and faster than most cars, when my diesel would leave it. Not too worry...

19 and buying a Clio, eh?! Good one!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Agreed on all points. Although comments like..."I cant see how you can actually say that, and coming from a tractor driver to!" fromidiots who think their Clio is the best car on the road and faster than most cars, when my diesel would leave it. Not too worry...

Danny has a 106gti by the way.

ST

Yeah...thats pretty much my works...also gets more ass than a toilet seat..

120d M Sport
Gaz44, do you not like your car? Because you always seem very self defensive about it, in relation to other cars like you need to prove a point all the time? Just something that comes across...

MCS R56
Gaz44, do you not like your car? Because you always seem very self defensive about it, in relation to other cars like you need to prove a point all the time? Just something that comes across...

I can't help myself. I on medication for it though.

Do I not like it? No.

When was I self defensive about it?

120d M Sport
Erm...at several points in this thread for one. Lose the attitude, I'm not knocking your car in any way, it just seems to be a chip on the shoulder mentality common with a lot of diesel drivers.