ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

19 in 6 months, what car to get?

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Wait till your old enough to get fully comp insurance for under a grand. If your so desperate for something more powerful get a cheap 205 GTi.

MCS R56
why not, only reason i have insurance is because if i dont the police will give me grieff, as long as my car comes up as insured i couldnt care lol

So if the Police don't give you grief, you'll not bother with insurance or try and get away with fraudulently bought insurance?

You'll care when you are caught, you cheap ass pikey!

People like you should be shot...happy to pay for the nice car but not for the insurance, or is it you can't afford it?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
So if the Police don't give you grief, you'll not bother with insurance or try and get away with fraudulently bought insurance?

People like you should be shot...happy to pay for the nice car but not for the insurance, or is it you can't afford it?

Is there anything you dont have an opinion on? :S

Mini Cooper
In 6-7 months i turn 19, insurance drops a fair bit, to the point where TPFT is £1130 a year on a 182 cup.

Not sure what to go for...

Currently on the list is:
182 Cup (pref in that gorgeous racing blue colour)
Astra GSi (2.0 turbo)#
not really sure of what else

Probs no1 choice would be the 182 cup, but i am partial to a turbo :/

What does everyone else think? which is the better car, and what other good options are there?

Jon

I hate this whole attitude of just because he is 19 he isn't going to be able to handle a fast car it's ridiculous. I also hate how everyone is lecturing him on his finance and not paying so much for insurance etc, I am sure he is well aware of his financial situation and his driving abilities. All he wanted to know was peoples opinions on some cars not whether or not they think he can afford/drive the thing. If he can afford it I am guessing he has a decent job and therefore probably has enough intelligence to manage.

To the original question, if you can afford it get the blue 182 with cup packs and enjoy it

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

cheap ass pikey lol because a cheap ass pikey would spend £2600 a year 3rd party on his own insurance, of course i insure my cars legitly in my own name so i can get no claims bonus, 1. i just fancied adapting an arrogant b*****d attatude to start arguments as you seem to have fun doing so here and 2, i couldnt give a f**k what you think so just you climb away back to ibizaoc.com ya inbred b*****d

FLOL!!

If you can afford the 182 and it's what you really want, go for it. Some people think I'm daft for paying a fair chunk to insure my 172 at 18, but I don't give a fook! You only live once.

Last edited:
  clio trophy No56
306 GTI6, just as quick as a 1*2. Also fun in the corners but in a different way to the 1*2. Even though they are the same insurance group they are alot cheaper to insure, dont ask me how that works but years ago i went from a 182 to a GTI6, The 182 was costing me £900 per year, swapped to the GTI6 and it was £460 per year.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I hate this whole attitude of just because he is 19 he isn't going to be able to handle a fast car it's ridiculous

This is what i dont get, before i got my CS i thought it would be the best thing ever, really fast blah blah blah. Bragged to mates on the stats etc.

But now i have one its not the amazing car i expected it to be, its a bit fast but nothing spectacular. Especially since i have moved up in performance slowly i failed to notice the big difference's in performance.

Sure, when mates who still own 1l's get in they think its fast but it really isn't.

I'm 19 and own this and a 600rr bike which will pull to 60 in about 3.2s, that is fast but i'm still alive (fair enough i haven't been out of 4th gear on it yet :eek:).

At any age you can be responsible, its all down to the individual.

To the op, if you can afford a 182 cup and insurance then just go for it, before you get commitments and need money for house/sensible car for kids. Thats the excuse i use anyway :rasp:

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
agreed at the end of the day its a slightly quick front wheel drive car with a good chassis, you cant get a safer fast car than that!

i found my 172 handled that well it was impossible to crash lol

SQ5
agreed at the end of the day its a slightly quick front wheel drive car with a good chassis, you cant get a safer fast car than that!

i found my 172 handled that well it was impossible to crash lol

I'd rather crash in an RS4 or M5 for a fast safe car, not a s**t box clio which will just fold!

As for impossible to crash? Your obviously not pushing hard enough.

To the OP though. If you can afford it do it. I would recommend getting a 106 GTI/Saxo VTS or even if wanting a turbo'd car a Punto GT. You can easily hit 200bhp in them and are cracking cars. I had a 106 GTI and went to a Punto GT. 106 was running around 150bhp and the Punto eventually ran about 170. As both cars are light were a lot of fun, although the Punto didn't handle as well! Insurance on these are a lot cheaper too, I think my Punto was cheaper than my 106 which was £1400 FC at 18 and the Punto was £1200 at 19!

MCS R56
Is there anything you dont have an opinion on? :S

Yes.

cheap ass pikey lol because a cheap ass pikey would spend £2600 a year 3rd party on his own insurance, of course i insure my cars legitly in my own name so i can get no claims bonus, 1. i just fancied adapting an arrogant b*****d attatude to start arguments as you seem to have fun doing so here and 2, i couldnt give a f**k what you think so just you climb away back to ibizaoc.com ya inbred b*****d

LOL...can nobody type in English on here?

ibizaoc.com?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Yes.

LOL...can nobody type in English on here?

ibizaoc.com?

For christ sake you really are difficult to negotiate on here my friend, i thought it was just you and i who crossed swords but it seems you like to flame people into arguments for arguments sake...!

Why bother?

ST
He is what i call a wee dakment Daniel...like one of the slags i was abusin' in Budda last night...'arlight pal, day you like me, coz a like you'

Clio 197 + Mrk 3 DCI
For christ sake you really are difficult to negotiate on here my friend, i thought it was just you and i who crossed swords but it seems you like to flame people into arguments for arguments sake...!

Why bother?

I dont think theres any point trying Danny....... Its best just to let him have his say and ignore it

None :(
When i turned 19, i bought a black clio 1.6 16v rsi

i liked it because it had air con (at the time i really wanted this) everything electric, it was black with colour coded bumpers etc, alloys, ticked loads of box's, insurance was reasonable also. If i knew what i knew now, i would of stripped it also :p

Turned 22/and new job and got myself a 182, still have it today (25 now).

Looking back now, in hindsight I wish when i was 19, i thought about going for something quicker like a 182.

I have a soft spot for GSI astra also, hmmmm damn tuff one, but after all the problems i had with 2 of my astras before i was 19, i'd never buy a vauxhall again. Everyone has their own experiences with different brands etc. Well infact, thinking how i was when i was 19, if i was u, i'd go for the Astra. why...... TURBO! that = dump valve :D (sorry when i was 19 i thought they was the shizzle nizzle to have!) oh, + how many astra gsi turbos do you see compared to clio 1*2's?

Good luck with your choice!