ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

19 yo Clio cup

I currently drive a VTS paying £230 per month.

I realy like the clio cups but do you think it will put my insuarnce up much?

Also, be honest are they much faster than my saxo?

Will i be like "ye ok thats quite quick"

or

"OH MY GOD THATS F**KING AMAZING"

Cheers

2760 a year. My word. Speaking genereally everyone wil tell you a cup is faster then vts. There not that much quicker though. If you read up on "craggy" youll see how his "super" vts has beaten many 172s.

If the upgrade is about speed i wouldnt bother.

Your insurance wouldnt go up much i dont think. Group 14 to group 16 i think it is. I found though when i was getting a punto gt turbo i could insure that with most companies but anything over group 14 i couldnt get quotes for

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Yeah Id agree up to and around £250 per month/£3,000 pa is what youd expect to pay.

Been there, paid it for my Cup.

Thanks lads,

I know its alot of money to pay but it would cost me alot for anything and i would rather pay a bit more for a car i realy like.

The main reason i want one is for the speed, i also prefer the loo from the outside and the seats. I dont like the dashboard tho why didnt they put sports/white dials in, it looks to similar to my mums 1.2 especially in the dark.

youll probably find that the 172s acceleration is more violent than your saxo, first gear will be pretty much the same but will feel different, then second gear will feel quicker, third and forth just flies, i personally dont think its amazingly fast, but it is very quick, itll give most cars under £20,000 a good go if not beat them,

im not knocking the vts at all mate infact its a very underestimated car but the 172 is, in my opinion a different class, it truly is one of the best hot hatches out there at the moment, its got everything, great performance, leather, air con, all the bits and bobs you need and the flared arches give the car a mean presence on the road, go on get one, youll never look back i promise;)

can you tell that i really love my car :D

I think i just might,

Anyone know any good deals at the mo on a cup, are they still about £12000

Cheers

A Valver would beat a VTS so im damn sure a cup/172 will piss all over one!! (Except for craggys)!!

Go on, you know you want one!!

I sold my VTS to get the Cup, i wouldnt say you will notice a massive difference in acceleration, 1st and 2nd feel about the same in both cars, 3rd feels better in the cup, 4th and 5th pull a lot harder in the Cup than the VTS. I found the Cup needs more Steering on the motorway to keep it in a straight line, but feels more planted going round corners. In the wet, i would rather be in the VTS, as it didnt feel as skittish as the cup.

The only reason i swopped mine in the end, was that the warranty was up on the VTS, and i was having problems with it, so sold it to some guy, and got the cup from http://www.showroom4cars.comwww.showroom4cars.com for a bargain £10,800 in June. Not had a problem with it yet (touch wood!)

i have also driven a saxo vts, and the clio cup is in a different league, the saxo is a 1.6 and the clio is a 2.0 the pull is alot stronger in the clio, no doubt that the saxo is a quick car around 8.3 secs to sixty. but the clio 172 is a serious bit of kit!!!!!!!!!!!

Remapped derv Golf

I sold my VTR and have just bought a cup. Although I had a VTR (2000 mk2) I have driven a VTS (old P reg one) many times during the past 3 years. Although it was quicker than the VTR once the revs up! it wasnt a great deal torquer. The cup has loads more torque than the VTS so this should help most of the time. So far the Cup handles miles better than both Saxos. Also for a few hundred you can put an R Spec ecu on the cup.

VTR: 100lbft/3500 (evo)

VTS: 107lbft/5200 (evo)

CUP: 147lbft/5700 (evo)

i have just sold my vts. just waiting to close a deal on a 172. i test drove one last weekend. the 172 was faster. but i wouldnt say to much. it seemed to pull a lot better in 3rd tho. but the 172 is in a diffrent leauge from my vts, 1 there arnt that many about. 2 faster. 3 more toys etc etc. get one, i am.

just wondering what the speeds are in each gear in the 172???

>>just wondering what the speeds are in each gear in the 172???<< Garyvts

mk2 is close on 40 in 1st (not paid too much attention), 63ish in 2nd, just over 90 in 3rd and just over 110 in 4th. Shift light comes on in 5th around 142.

cheers mate. just test drove on on sat. and i seemed to hit limiter quite fast. i was getting a bit carried away tho. it was good