ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 cams, worth fitting....

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
197 cams, worth fitting...

...if they are cheap enough, and if the belts are about to be done, and the rocker cover removed to sort an oil leak?

still remaining on the standard inlet for the time being, but pretty much taking bits of the engine off to the stage where the cams are going to be fully accessible anyhow.

just after some thoughts from those that would actually know if its worthwhile (Chip, Mike)
would I really see any gains over the standard cams at this level?

Cheers :)

172, Tiguan
We had a fairly good discussion on this recently mate, but if you're doing the belts anyway then yes i'd say it's worth it. You'll need to find out what they need to be timed up at, but i'm sure you'll work it out.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
was that an open discussion on here Jon, if so ill continue the search to try and find it?

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
but im not worried about going for cams at this stage, its only as this pair of 197 cams are cheap enough that its got me considering it, more so as the rocker cover/belts are being done anyhow.
if I wont see any gains in the slightest then I wont go for them, and I don't expect to see a huge bhp increase anyhow, but if maybe the working window alters or it helps on track usability then it could be worth a little outlay while the work is being done.
if I make sense?