ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 cup?

Lee

BMW M2C
Not soon, but it's in the pipeline.

It's going the right way that's for sure. Very few details though, because Renault are still throwing ideas around.

Lee

BMW M2C
Not that far away

More in terms of suspension realy not much can be lost realy.

You're thinking Cup packed 197, not the 197 Cup.

If the Cup is what it should be then it may replace the Trophy for me.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Im with Lee on this one. If its a proper Cup in the stripped down sense of the word then i'll leapfrog the Trophy and get one.

I reckon if they could quite easily lose c. 100kg if they really wanted to. It just depends how serious they are about making it a 'Cup'. They may even opt to remove rear seats Mini GP stylee? Never say never.

Less
The 197 cup will have the R27 suspension etc and looks but stripped down, no toys. on sale at the end of the year

I would have thought the biggest single weight saving would be to remove the AC. But how many will they sell with no AC - 5? Tricky call.

Scirocco GT 210
I reckon they could sell a cup with no air con quite easily, but it'd have to offer a substantial drop in weight in exchange. Will have to aim it purely at the enthusiasts though.

Not everyone needs air con. :rasp:

Banana
I would buy a 197 cup no probs, if it was a proper cup that is-
No air con, poofy xenons, soundproofing, thinner glass etc.
I'll keep my real cup for now and see what happens ;)

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
I'll buy one without aircon. Mine doesn't last more than 3 months at a time anyway.

I hope they make one and soon as, they need an answer to the Corsa VXR

dtc.jpg

Last edited:
  Mini Cooper S sport
The end of the year is when I'll be looking to change my 182..hmm. Thing is I won't have another car without aircon and I do like the Xenons!

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
The thing is I don't see how its going to be cheaper. Because the things that were knocked off the FF for the cup, aren't even on the 197 FF as standard.