ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 ECU engine Issues

Renaultsport 197
Having running problems with my engine or what I suspect to be my ECU. I know these motors are rough on startup and until they warm up they should be fine but mine is spontaniously making mad jerking splutters, you have to fully lift off to gain control of it and thats not a good idea sometimes if its going to set you sideways around a corner :-0 haha

A lad told me this was common problem with early models and all it will need is a software update on the ECU.

Has anyone heard anything about this or can help me out? Evan Halshaws are being pretty unhelpful. Already waited a month to get it booked in and waiting another month for them to look at it :( Hard times!

Renaultsport 197
Thats nice to know. At least I can push Halshaws for this to be done now. I take it if I went for a proper aftermarket ECU upgrade my warranty would be void if they found out?? Pure b*****d!!

Evo
Yeah it would. I looked into the omex 600 fitted to mine but for £3000 its not worth it mate!

Not that my warranty is valid anyway :p

White Sti Hatch
if you want aftermarket managment wait till the TB kits are out and get that that done at the same time ! be worth the money !

White Sti Hatch
GDI have Developed a kit but unsure when there going to make it mas market

IMG_2131.jpg

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
We havnt released the 197 ITB kit to market yet, although the prototype was very successful.

if anyone is interested please let me know

Andy