ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 f1 r27 vs standard 197

Nissan 370Z
whats the differences other than styling, lowering and different seats?

i thought the f1 version would have been slightly quicker but there not.

cheers

If you buy a FF 197 (recaro's, cup packs ect) its the same as a R27, the only difference would be the stickers and LY was only available in R27.
if you dont get the options on a 197, they would be the difference.

Was a 197
yeah rarity and also only 500 made, F1 combines the normal 197 and the Cup version in one with a few added extras like recaros as standard.

Probably be much of a muchness in a straight line, but the F1 would be quicker round a track due to the Cup Pack on it!

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Most won't reach the limits on or off track.

Last edited:
  Was a 197
true as you REALLY REALLY have and can give it absolutely everything (unless your name is tiff needall, jason plato or the stig!)

Dirty E91
Think the thing about the R27 was that it gave you all the desirable options for a knockdown price if i remember.

Renaultsport 200
My R27 -

Bumper and Roof Decals
Folding Mirrors
Recaros
Cup Pack (lowered, anthracite wheels, red calipers)
Rear Tints
Xenons with Cornering Assist
Bluetooth Connectivity
Rear Parking Sensors (amazing how a more than competent parker starts to get lazy and relies on the little beeps!!)
Auto Climate Control

Spec a normal 197 with that little lot and it would have cost you a damn fortune. As it happens on a R27 only a few of them were options so it didnt cost me a "damn" fortune, it only cost me a small fortune. Thankfully I got the car as an ex demo too.

trophy was a 182 cup in a special colour, different (lightweight) alloys, recaros, oh and some pretty damn special suspension.

No it wasn't. It was a 182 with above spec (and air con).

Theduck was correct TBH. The Trophy was essentially a 182Cup with trick suspension, lighter rims, Recaro chairs, and a V6 spoiler. That's not to say it isn't far far better, but that's all it is, as he pointed out.

Was a 197
there was something on a special edition of the the 197 for UK only somewhere, might have been what car not sure where it was. It did say this SE was supposed to be on sale last year, but when do cars come out on time eh!

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I really wouldnt mind a clio 197 cup next. I think the white on black looks amazing and as time goes on think they look better and better.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah they have I now want different things it doesnt bother me if their a couple of seconds slower to 60/100 now ;)

Nah in all seriousness they look good and not many cars out there tick my boxes any more. I wouldnt pay the 10k they go for now but may consider it in a year or so when going for a fair bit less

Its always good to know Lee rates them soo highly having all RS Clio models tbh its almost an unbiased point of view.

tbh if we do see an R27.R it will be end of life of the ph2 197, by which point renault may change their minds on trying it again ;)

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
After the r26r fiasco dought Renault will try for many years!

Limited run of 230, how many were sold? 70??

Ordering stopped last week, right car wrong time :S

think though, 182 was in production for what, 3 years? so if ph2 197 lasts 3 years then that will probably be a good time to do somthing similar imo

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
think though, 182 was in production for what, 3 years? so if ph2 197 lasts 3 years then that will probably be a good time to do somthing similar imo
They won't go as extreme as the r26r, as a lot of people said at the time, finding people that will buy a fwd, impractical car over an Exige etc was always going to be difficult. More likely down the Trophy route I would of thought.

possibly right, but an R27.R would (should) be a LOT cheaper than an exige. IMO will easily be sub £20k and quite possibly sub £16k.

After the r26r fiasco dought Renault will try for many years!

Limited run of 230, how many were sold? 70??

Ordering stopped last week, right car wrong time :S

Sorry if it's been said elsewhere, but what are the actual R26.R sales figures? If ordering has stopped, does that not suggest they're all sold? Alternatively, does it mean that the Dieppe factory were building them to order and have called it a day through lack of orders?

I dont think official sales figures have been released. Dieppe will have been making them to order because of options like Ti exhaust. If ordering for R26.R has closed - I havent been on RenaultSport recently so haven't heard that it had - then I can only presume its because they are all sold. I know the books closed on R26's shortly after ordering began for the R26.R so maybe its corss wires somewhere along the line?