ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 - Gurgling behind dash

197 FF
Bought an o6' 197 two months ago from garage and since picking it up it has been in with them for a month of this time trying to trace a noise.

There is a gurgling noise behind the dash at passenger side which occurs above 4500 rpm and sounds like a percolating noise.

They have had it in four times and have said.

1st - Air lock in system - bled it and nothing
2nd - diagnosed with faulty heater matrix so booked in to replace
3rd - replaced heater matrix - noise still present
4th - re-diagnosed with airlock so bled, re-bled then they vacuum bled it. Finally said there is nothing wrong it is just a noise.

The car is still with them as they are now replacing coolant pipes in system, they have changed the water pump and timing belt as well. They say the head has been tested and there is no problem with that.

They have said they will not spend any longer trying to diagnose a noise as it does not affect the running of the car....does anyone have any ideas or has had anything similar????

The noise drives me mad and I am concerned that it could be air drawn into system or alternatively a cracked head which will lead to a massive problem/bill!

I have also posted on 197 net for any ideas over there.

clio sport 197 f1
I get a funny noise in mine turned out to be the blower fans try driving with them off see if it makes a difference, I'm no expert just an idea lol