ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Info found earlier

Jeremy Townsend said:
Cup packs ? What would you like them to be ?

White colour option. Easy.
Dark anthracite Cup racer rims. Easier.
Revised gear ratios to extract at least 182 performance. Less easy.
10mm lower setup. Easyish.
Cup racer rear spolier. Easy.
Weight saving. Thinner glass, less sound deadeding material. Not easy.
Hydraulic PAS. Not likely.

Thanking you kindly :approve: ;)

Personally, I'm keeping my Cup another 18 months, until MOT time. Then I might start looking at upgrading. Based on Renualts past history, we should be on Trophy 3 by then. Got to hand it to them for always striving foward with motorsport and road going verisons with sporty pretensions :approve:

Jeremy Townsend said:
Cup packs ? What would you like them to be ?

Lowered ride height by around 10mm.
The option of pearl white paint (i.d) that comes with Anthracite wheels (this alone IMO would shift ALOT more 197s)
Recaros as std with the cup packs
Thin Front glass
Alloy Bonnet
Xenons, Climate, and recaros AS std (with the option to delete)
A even more sporty cat to get the car to 200ps
Revised gearing.

Chances of that happening............NIL lol I do think white paint would sell the car though. Look at the integra and the golf gti. People want white cars lol

DC5
ralph wiggum said:
Lowered ride height by around 10mm.
The option of pearl white paint (i.d) that comes with Anthracite wheels (this alone IMO would shift ALOT more 197s)
Recaros as std with the cup packs
Thin Front glass
Alloy Bonnet
Xenons, Climate, and recaros AS std (with the option to delete)
A even more sporty cat to get the car to 200ps
Revised gearing.
I'd buy one!

I test drove a 197 & walked away in dismay at how slow it was. I was ready to order ! I will now be ordering something else with similar performace to my 182.

From what the sales person told me I was the 20 person to test drive the car . He had only managed to get 1 order & that was from someone who did not drive it.

He said he had had lots of people in with 172's & 182's looking to upgrade but they all just told him it was too slow compared to what they already had & nobody ordered.

When will Renault address this problem ? It needs a Turbo to shift the Flab ! The car is already a bobby basic spec out of the box copared to a 182, so how can they make a significant impact to the weight ? It just looks as though after years of buying fast clios i will be left sorely dissapointed ! No more pennies of my money will be going into Renaults pocket until another fast clio is launched ! & they 197 is just not it .

Trophy #267
I get the impression on them giving a better all round car and leaving the grunt for the megane. No doubt they could make it quicker but a clio that is too close to the meggy and significantly lighter could possibly steal its thunder ?
I dunno

Megane is getting old now, it could really do with pentioning off & the engine dropping into the clio. I would deffo order a clio if it had the megane power unit. But not with its current detuned 182 unit !

cock mobile.
Megane is getting old now, it could really do with pentioning off & the engine dropping into the clio. I would deffo order a clio if it had the megane power unit. But not with its current detuned 182 unit !

How is it a detuned unit? It's producing more power from the same block; therefore it's a more tuned engine.

There is bound to be a Cup version.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
The main thing is, that its not slower than the 182/172, it just doesn't feel as fast, its not as exciting. Well thats what I keep thinking anyway.

The main thing is, that its not slower than the 182/172, it just doesn't feel as fast, its not as exciting. Well thats what I keep thinking anyway.

The car is deffo slower

0 - 100 18.7 sec for a 197

0 - 100 17.0 sec for a 182

30 - 70 7.3 sec for a 197

30 - 70 5.8 sec for a 182

That is a boat load slower & it feels it, it just has not got enough torque to shift its flab.

The power is not the problem it low on torque & too heavy.