ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Lux...Opinions Please

Clio 182 FF
Hi, just noticed the RenaultSport Site has recently changed, and theres now a new derivative of the Clio 197, The 197 Lux, comes with a few extras such as leather seats, bit of chrome here and there, worth the boost of 1k?

My dads currently looking at 197's, would love to hear your opinions on this new version, is it a quick money maker before they release the hidious new Clio? Would you still be best going for a standard 197 and adding the bits you really want on there??

Check it out...

http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/roadcars/clio197lux/

I like the polished wheels, but not much else really. I think that the wing mirror covers look tacky in that grey colour, they would look much better colour coded.

Clio 182 FF
Im wondering if they will be grey or Chrome, A bit of S3 tarting up might no go amiss. Would have to see it in the flesh to be fair.
Instead of offering this sort of crap why dont they allow you options such as Factory Fitted Milltek's, iPod enabled Stereo, you know some of the stuff that people inevitably spend their money on anyway...

Don't like the wheels, wing mirrors or exterior silver vents.

Plus I believe the order books are closed on the current 197!?

Was a 197
8-10 weeks for a new 197 as i believe they are built to order unless you can get one a dealer has as a shoroom car, as i'm looking to order one in the next week. Some of the stuff on the lux model does look a bit tacky. i'm goin for 197 with cup pack just gotta make mind up on colour

White clique
I like the polished wheels, but not much else really. I think that the wing mirror covers look tacky in that grey colour, they would look much better colour coded.

+1 the wheels are the decent bit. Not a fan of the leather, and the satin surrounds in the cabin dont look great, they are off the dynamique i think.

Cup packed standard one with options would be my choice.

I quite like the look of the Lux TBH. Solid choice for anyone wanting a well specified 197. I bet it would look awesome in Nimbus with those wheels.

Swift Sport
I quite like the look of the Lux TBH. Solid choice for anyone wanting a well specified 197. I bet it would look awesome in Nimbus with those wheels.

+1

I wouldn't be willing to pay the extra, but it's nice to see a new edition to the range. Would make a good second-hand purchace!

popped down to the renault garage yesterday.

197 Lux in black looks amazing. like a fighter jet or something. reminds me of the lamborghini revention. whether it's worth the extra quid dunno, prob worth saving the grand

I wasn't sure about Nimbus, which was why I worded my comments to imply either possibility. It was quicker than researching :D

320d
Not a fan of them. Making a 1250kg hot hatch even heavier doesn't make sence to me, if you want a luxury car you don't buy a hot hatch imo.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
the only things I like are the leather seats, and even then I prefer the recaro's over leather anyways so not my cuppa

Hi guys, my first post in here.

I will be getting my albi blue 197 lux in August and cannot wait! I know what you guys mean about the wing mirrors though... I've asked Renault to order me in some colour coded ones to replace them on the day I pick it up. They look tacky as hell and I just couldn't be persuaded to keep them though.

I'm holding out for the best deal possible with Renault as my finance agreement on my current clio doesn't run out until August, so by June I will have all the figures sorted out. Def decided on a Lux, just havn't signed any papers as yet - what's the point? Prices are going to fall dramatically by August!

VaVa
As someone who bought his Clio as much for the spec/£ as the bang/£ I really like the idea. But I'm a bit disappointed that Xenons are stil a cost(ly) option on the lux model.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
dont get the posts with people saying it adds weight....... Leather seats are really going to add the KGs aint they? :S

320d
As someone who bought his Clio as much for the spec/£ as the bang/£ I really like the idea. But I'm a bit disappointed that Xenons are stil a cost(ly) option on the lux model.

Yeh its bad, even worse when you think the PH2 172 had them as standard and that was 8 years ago when they came out.

Black 182 FF
Like polished alloys, just not sure about those.

Might look better in the flesh so to speak....