ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Matched Inlet Manifolds

M135i
wow, just wow!

Being very local to Jamsport they asked if they could use my car as development for matching the inlet manifolds on my 197. i snapped up the offer and took the car in yesterday for them to start work. A before dyno run was to be done, then the inlet work and then a dyno run after. VERY impressive gains were the result, and god, the car flies. i can without a doubt tell a massive difference in the way the car drives.

I knew this mod would prove positive as i'd had it done to both my 172 Cups and it proved to work very well.

We're not releasing the figures until another car has had the work done to validate it all.

but all i can say is its a definate mod to do on the 197!

A massive thank you to all the team down there and especially Mark (Broster) for piloting the work. :)

Insignia SRi
Yeh im going up there tomorow for some suspension work done on my 172!!!

Glad to hear the inlets are worth doing because im on the list as soon as they get some matched inlets in!!! Cant wait!!!:approve:

172 5HED
So.... as said on another forum, I have them and TBH, not the massive increases you claim, not a dig in the slightest, just would like to know how much further you went with these compared to mine and what gains we're looking at! Obvously not on an open forum if its still secret squirrel but PM????

E39 M5 & Corsa track
rather than just match them to up we did a fair bit more work with them, hence the cost of doing them is more than the 1*2 items. the rolling road showed significant gains, which were deffinatly felt on the road

clio 197 cup
i drove jimbos car last night,and the results are VERY impressive.absolutley manic when it comes "on cam" from 5k to the redline.

steve

172 5HED
rather than just match them to up we did a fair bit more work with them, hence the cost of doing them is more than the 1*2 items. the rolling road showed significant gains, which were deffinatly felt on the road

Thanks for the reply! fancy letting me know more Via PM, if they are as amazing as you claim then I'll have some!:approve:

Turbo LY R27
Can someone put it in this thread coz i cant access it? I wanna no how much it will be, this will be something i am 100% interested in. Has jimbo's car had any other mod's at all?

E92 M3
Can someone put it in this thread coz i cant access it? I wanna no how much it will be, this will be something i am 100% interested in. Has jimbo's car had any other mod's at all?

realy mate ya should just pay the £10 member ship but here:

We have just finished doing testing on a clio 197 inlet, we now have a very good pattern done for the inlet work.

The gains achieved are very impressive, more than the 1*2 cars, back to back testing done on the same car.

We will only release the figues when we have replecated on another car.

The price of this is more than the 1*2 inlets as there is a fair bit more work going into them. expect rrp to be in the region of £250 fitting charge is slightly less tho at £45, so thats £295 fitted inc vat, as yet to sort prices on PTFE gaskets.

As yet i dont have a spare 197 inlet so i can't offer this on an exchange basis, fitting will take 1 hour. The work to modify the inlets take several hours, so total time in the workshop would be 3-4hours.

For the next person to buy these i shall do a free set of before and after power runs (worth £65) to authenticate our gains on this first car.

More info will be on our website soon, its going thru a big refresh....

Kind regards

Mark
01604 755529
user_online.gif

Golf V6 4Motion
Hi All;

Just to help clarify I will be doing business with Jamsport on these as well like we did with the 1*2 setups if there is enough people interested - i.e. group buy prices on PTFE thermal intake gaskets alongside the flowed inlets.

We are currently developing the gaskets as the standard items need revision and also need a bit of investigation with regards to thickness - we think we able to go a lot thicker than the 1*2 ones because of the space and breather setup available to us. Icarus is very kindly helping us do this at the moment and we hope to have a new design next week. Obviously the thicker material is more expensive to buy and takes longer to cut but will mean ever lower inlet temps.

Cheers

E39 M5 & Corsa track
Fark £300 Angelworks are £170 on an exchange?

Can do better for £300 on a 197!!

until gains have been publised i wouldnt like to say you could do better for the money...

£245 on exchange not £300

i could do one for the same price as a 1*2 inlet at 120+vat if you wanted however i wouldnt expect the same gains as the £245 item.

As soon as i have done a second one and achieved the same results i will publish the figures.

as for payment, we take credit/debit/cash/stamps.......

172 5HED
until gains have been publised i wouldnt like to say you could do better for the money...

£245 on exchange not £300

i could do one for the same price as a 1*2 inlet at 120+vat if you wanted however i wouldnt expect the same gains as the £245 item.

As soon as i have done a second one and achieved the same results i will publish the figures.

as for payment, we take credit/debit/cash/stamps.......

Sorry, £245. Angelworks is £170??

Mate, all credit to you but for £300ish (I think)?! you can get your 197 mapped so thats what Im basing my "better for your money on"

I just cant see where all this power is coming from on an already good (compared to 172/182) thats why I asked for the details???

172 5HED
who did yours kev? Is Ben doing these now then?

Poohbah did mine mate for £12 all in! I've seen the guide and the results for myself, I just dont see how much more can be had out of it, the ports on mine were way off so now they are bang on, there wasnt that much in the way of casting marks along the inside of the ports so.....??

I mean, prove me wrong by all means, it just confuses me!

172 5HED
fit them to mine!! Which I'll pay for not after freebies, thats not how I work!

The reason being, mine has been done, so.... if we see these gains over standard matching it qualifies the extra £££ doesnt it?!

320d
Matched inlets are a good mod to any F4R engine. I don't know why renault didn't do it properly for a start?

Renaultsport Clio 197
they couldn't be bothered...
It's like asking - why all renault car squeak and rattle :D

Just for info's sake.

I am NOT doing them for £170, infact we are not offering this to the public yet as we are still setting them up on the CNC, and its taking a while to get the program 100% sorted as its incredibly complex and there is a LOT of machining to do.

If I were to do these by hand, I'd expect total time taken to be about 4 hrs per set and that would be £200+vat minimum without fitting, gaskets etc.

Ph1
Are the gains good due to the extra crap? design of the 197 inlet or the fact that the ported inlet seems to work well with the better designed 197 plenum set up??

Just come out with the figures youve got. It'll all come out in the end anyway ;)

clio 197 cup
believe me,the results will speak for themselves,this is a seriously good mod!cant blame the guys for not releasing details untill they can be confirmed on another car,and they are not just a "one off",as this would benefit no one.

steve

172 5HED
So what is my post about me paying for them and having them "tested" which again I will pay for being ignored if these results are so fantastic???

That would prove that these are better than just port matching!

Ph1
It must be due to the plenum design. Porting / matching must really work in tandam.

172 / 182 inlet isnt a bad design really, its just it can be improved on. Its the plenum set up on the 172 / 182's which are potentially the restricting factor

So what is my post about me paying for them and having them "tested" which again I will pay for being ignored if these results are so fantastic???

That would prove that these are better than just port matching!
drop him a pm mate

Fair play mate. I was interested but I wanted a better deal than he can offer at the moment simply because I have had an offer from another company to have them done, but they need the car for 2 days as they havent done one yet, so am holding fire.

E39 M5 & Corsa track
i have another 197 booked in for this work, which will hopefully kill the speculation. If you want booking in please email me broster@jam-sport.co.uk this is easier than pm on here as my inbox fills quickly and sometimes pm's get over looked.

mark