ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Nurburgring Fail...

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I will try again one day, preferably in a half a grand crapper I don't care about, which is what i'm hoping the new track car will be.........sorry Danny ;)

Clio Cup
And that's why I will never go lol.

Your missing out I promise you

Treat it with the respect it clwarly deserves and youll be fine.

Looks like his car went light on the rebound of the suspension when he went on the brakes too. The Astra crash in other discussion is worse

E92 325D
I HATE that bit. The dip is too close to the corner and feels awful. I bottle it and slow before the dip. The m3 I went out in I swear the lad was off the floor then just drifted the corner.....nutter

172, Tiguan
Sharp stab of the brakes after the dip, not before! You could see that happening a mile off.

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
he does react correct though, best thing to do is keep the brakes applied and hope for the best. i've seen enough cars trying to correct steering and then slap the other way around hitting the barriers way more awfull!

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
he does react correct though, best thing to do is keep the brakes applied and hope for the best. i've seen enough cars trying to correct steering and then slap the other way around hitting the barriers way more awfull!
If you can get away with it (space wise) i'd say you'd be better off coming off the anchors tbh.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
this is another one of the corners you can watch from. I'm surprised there isn't a track side one to go along with it!

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
Surely if you are tallented enough but try searching for nurburgring crash video's. 80% catch a drift/slip by correcting and then slap the other way around.

Renault Clio 172 cup
Looks to me like he had naff road tyres on , lost it a little , crapped it and hit the brakes too hard.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Driver error, trail braking and at the wrong point.

TBH from what you can see in that vid it looks to me like his steering inputs were all too aggressive on all the corners before that as well, he just didnt seem like a good driver.

Swift Sport
Correcting the steering can be quite difficult as most road cars have quite a slow steering rack. From what I remember my 197 was quite controllable when the back end broke away, but I'd have to be put in the same situation to know how I'd have handled it. Probably wouldn't have lost in the first place though lol.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Correcting the steering can be quite difficult as most road cars have quite a slow steering rack. From what I remember my 197 was quite controllable when the back end broke away, but I'd have to be put in the same situation to know how I'd have handled it. Probably wouldn't have lost in the first place though lol.

This is the thing, if you look at how violently he turns in on each corner (as the car seem to be jolting around), it means that not only did it break away but it did so quite quickly, he just seemed to be not smooth enough, Id say it was just inexperience from looking at that, and if he is inexperienced enough to be sawing at the wheel like that his odds of catching it were pretty slim IMHO.
He did have a good crack at putting the oppo on still though, but when it brakes that quick you have little chance really.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Sharp stab of the brakes after the dip, not before! You could see that happening a mile off.

I disagree there Jon_r I'm afraid. I never give a sharp stab of the brakes before or after the dip either. I have a confidence lift on the throttle and threaten/cover the brake pedal (which can be seen in my 8:31 ring lap on YouTube) then as soon as I'm down the dip, I'm immediately back hard on the throttle.