ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Or 182?

RB 182
Hi guys,

Im looking at finally coming over from the dark side (Citroen), and bagging a Clio! I really fancy a 197, but they dont seem to be as luxurious as a 182? No Xenons, no suede, and it doesnt even look like there's half leather! Have Renault cut options to reduce weight on the 197, or are they just being stingy because its a new model, and they'll get better as it ages?

Is it really worth paying an extra £6k at least for the new one?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
it comes with the extras if you pay for them LOL

depends how much u wana spend

R

rich[182]

You can pickup a 1 owner mint 182 with both cup packs, sub 7k miles with 2 yrs warranty remaining for circa £10k

Even spending upwards of a grand on mods your still gonna be saving approx £5k on a new 197, also you'll lose over £1k on the 197 by driving it off the forecourt on day 1

All in my opinion........

172 phase 1 save yourself the thick end of £11k ok it will caost a bit more to run maybe and losse £1.5k in deprecaition so you'll loose £3k over a 197 but the 192 will depecait 7k in the same time. Save the £4k+ interest and have a lot of hols etc.

X-172 Cup
any new car loses 17.5% (the VAT) of it's value the moment you drive away from the dealer, unless it's a Citreon of course (they were selling all their cars at one point last year without the VAT - played havoc with the used car values)...if you've got 10k or more to spend get a Trophy - Evo mag 5 stars / what car best hot hatch EVER, Evo mag 2nd best Fr wheel drive car EVER (to Integra TR DC2) + used values are solid due to a limited production run...

RB 182
So 197 then? ;P Yeah, i like the look of the 182, but how come some of them have dark wheels, and some dont? What does that indicate?

Faxo said:
So 197 then? ;P Yeah, i like the look of the 182, but how come some of them have dark wheels, and some dont? What does that indicate?
Dark wheels shows the car had he Cup suspension pack which hardened up the ride a bit. However you need to check the original form if you realy want a Cup packed car since its easier to sell on as most people demand it and it very difficult to refit. Some people had there wheels swoped but didn't order the Cup packs.

ff 182
just been looking around my local renault garage .first time iv seen the 197 in the flesh.man they look so sweet...if i had the cash id have one over the 182..any day!!

172 Exclusive... For Sale
zack40 said:
just been looking around my local renault garage .first time iv seen the 197 in the flesh.man they look so sweet...if i had the cash id have one over the 182..any day!!

Can of worms? Possibly...

He who dares!

ff 182
lol didn't mean it that way....nothing wrong with the 182 great cars...i just love the look of the new 197 !!

Abarth Grande Punto
182 all the way mate! I just picked up mine 05 reg 1 owner, mint with cup packs in met blue with 7k on the clock for £10k.

cock mobile.
If you can afford the 197 then why not? :)

Altough personally I'd wait for either the 197 Cup or 197 Trophy, or if you can't wait, get a 182 Trophy.

Clio 172 mk2
I'd probably go for the 197 over a 182 if I had the money....it's a great looking car and I'm sure it's plenty quick enough:D

Renault Clio Sport 182
a few weeks ago my dad picked my car up from Renault after having some warranty work done on it and while he was waiting he sat in a new 197 that was in the show room. He said that it looked more updated inside and out but did look a bit wider and longer which I think it is and made it feel like a much bigger car inside. The sales asked if he was interested and he explained that he was just picking my 182 up.The salesman said does he do a lot of motorway driving or just round town and country roads, my dad said no he just drives round town etc hardly any motorway driving, the salesman said well he won't like this then I would tell him to stick with the 182 he will hate this car. My dad was surprised and said as a salesman your telling me not to buy one of these i'm shocked, he said I know but your son would regret selling his 182 for a new 197.
I'm not saying what is better just passing on some advice from a Renault salesman.

RB 182
^^^ i got told a similar thing, went there as there was a 172cup outside. Had a look round then went and had a look at 197, had a chat with the blokie and he told me that I would be better going for the 172 as it was a better car to drive than the 197.i was quite suprised that there was no pushing for it ,or telling me what a great car it is.

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
drive them and find out for yourself. personally i would go for a second hand 225 cup if you have 16 odd grand to spend

Turbos.
Money aside i would take the 197.

I think i would wait until early next year to wait for good deals and news on hotter variants.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
i have yet to see the 197 trophy, the 197 cup looks too much of a track car to drive on the road.

Fiesta ST3
182 without a doubt far better than the 197 imho i waited until the 197 was available saw it, drove it, hated it, and then went out and bought a 182 full fat:D
i am being tempted by the megane with cup pack and recaro seats though:quiet: