ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 or 182

3 series
Hey all,
Ive finally decided I want a new car but cant decide whether to buy a 182 cup or a 197. I thought that I wanted a new 197 as it is new and it has more BHP than the 182 but when I looked at the stats it seems that the 182 is quicker?
Can any one clarify which is quicker and which is better for handling for me as these are goin to be the deciding factors!
Thanks
Ben

RB 182
Hi

Both more or less the same because of the weight of the 197.

Don't know about handling as I've not driven one before.

I'd personally wouldn't get the cup version of the 182 if I was getting a 182, as the weight difference isn't that much. If get the FF you can get all the toys then.

Last edited:
  RB 182
Trophy is similar to the cup but with upgraded suspension, Recaro seats, no xenons (same as the cup) and comes in caspian red. Probably forgotten something.

Mountune Tractor
Hi

Both more or less the same because of the weight of the 197.

Don't know about handling as I've not driven one before.

I'd personally wouldn't get the cup version of the 182 if I was getting a 182 as the weight difference isn't that much and you can get all the toys then.

That doesnt make sense?

Because the 172 CUP has the best power to weight ratio out of all of the renaultsport clio's. it was properly light weight, the 182 cup wasnt

Last edited:
  Mountune Tractor
Because the 172 has the best power to weight ratio out of all of the renaultsport clio's. it was properly light weight, the 182 cup wasnt

Got ya.
182 cup came in only two colours as well, inferno or racing blue.
I think I've just found my next car, 182 racing cup with recaro's.

3 series
Thats the other thing if i decide on the 197 is it worth gettin the R27? What do you get for the extra money?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
drive both then make your own decison. everyone is different.

the right choice is the 197 btw.

3 series
lol yea im thinkin that coz i dont want to buy someone elses ragged 182 as its my luck that i would buy a heap!!

MCS R56
You have to drive them both and decide. Both cars handle well and are roughly the same in terms of performance. 197 will cost a bit more.

VRS
it comes down to what you want from your motor!

172/182's are more raw and driver focused, a proper hot hatch, they are slightly dated now but still look good imo. they will cost you anything from 4-10k depending on model and age

197's are more refined and more of a smoother 'modern' drive, they look good and handle well but are going to set you back anything from 13-16kish depending on model and spec

andy

LY R26
ahhh - was looking at buying a 182 cup because I like the racing blue.
perhaps i'll just buy a 182 FF.

with the cup pack does this just mean the nice anthracite color wheels?

RB 182
ahhh - was looking at buying a 182 cup because I like the racing blue.
perhaps i'll just buy a 182 FF.

with the cup pack does this just mean the nice anthracite color wheels?
Yep, just one of the things. You also get the front splitter, rear spoiler and different suspension.

LY R26
is the suspension alot different in quality?
just more of a firm ride?

which holds their value more? the regular or the cup?