ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 OWNERS PLEASE HELP????????????

clio 197, mazda rx7
i was driving along yesterday in 2nd gear and took it up to around 7500 rpm, but from 5000 rpm onwards untill i changed gear the was a buzzing sound!
any idea's on what this could be?
thanks for any feed back DrifteR197

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Welcome ;)

Is the sound from inside or outside? I bet its something minor like a heatsheild resonating off the exhaust etc?

clio 197, mazda rx7
no it doesnt make the noise at stand still only when im driving, it sounds like its coming from the glove box, or to the left in general to the front not back, i thought it sounded like something rattling to but wana be sure!!!
any ideas now?
also how are the coilovers 197gaz?
thanks for the replies guys

ST
Its a sort of metal noise...like a heatsheild or the likes...i don't think its anything to worry about, in 6k nothing has broken or fell of and mine gets taken right up to the shift light most days...

clio 197, mazda rx7
Its a sort of metal noise...like a heatsheild or the likes...i don't think its anything to worry about, in 6k nothing has broken or fell of and mine gets taken right up to the shift light most days...

same as mine at the moment 90% of my driving time the shift light is on, il take it to renault on monday just to be safe any way.
do you remeber when or at how many miles you started hearing the noise?

I think we'll be reading a lot of gripes from 197 owners. Just the same faults as previous RS models, but not the same level of loveable nippyness which made us forgive all the build short comings.

clio 197, mazda rx7
thanks for all the help guys, il take my car to renault on monday and il post wot the prob was, if any at all.
do you guys ever have meets in east/west sussex?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

LOL mines just clicked past 15, drive it like you stole it is my motto!!!! No problems yet!

ST
i thought they had fewer rattles that the old-hat 182's... hmm

Nope only chocolate gearboxes *runs for cover*

Pipe down panzer...

LOL mines just clicked past 15, drive it like you stole it is my motto!!!! No problems yet!

Knowsit Gaz..

'18 Megane dci
A wild guess, but maybe it's the self centering spring in the gearstick mechanism? Some S2000's had a similar noise at high revs with the engine under load and that's what it turned out to be. A replacement stronger spring and a good greasing sorted them.

MK3 197
hi i had the same problem i taken it to reno they had it for few hours
the said its not the engine but its in side the car under the dash they said it will take a 2 days to do it so ill get bk to u when they have done it:dead:

Clio F1 R27
I think we'll be reading a lot of gripes from 197 owners. Just the same faults as previous RS models, but not the same level of loveable nippyness which made us forgive all the build short comings.

Hello Sandy lol

Upto your usual tricks I see?

No matter how hard you try you won't change the truth.

Keep living in the dark ages.

Attachments

• 197_online_5.jpg
    197_online_5.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 24