ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 plenum on a 172

CLIO 182
Hi every 1, was just having sum thoughts on fitting the a 197 plenum 2 my cup! does any1 know if its worth doing and how hard is it it to fit on the 172? if it fits atall that is :S

Ph1 172
IMG_0644.jpg

It does fit with a bit of modifying,drilling and cutting.
It works ok at the moment but is not finished, we still haven't sorted the map out 100% so i cant give you exact figures.
Once we get the time to finish it we will upload some exact figures :)

Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
Can be made to fit, waste of time though with no real gains for the effort.

That depends really. Bolting the manifold on isn't going to see you 210BHP. But i wouldn't say there was no real gains.

We payed £120 for the inlet and fitted it on. Sadly we didn't get a before dynograph but with some very rough (and still not correct) AFR set ups the car now pulls 174BHP

As we all know these cars dont make anywhere near 172BHP form the factory so there is defantly a gain there.

Once the fueling has been sorted correctly (as it is still a way off, proving the better air flow) And the timing has been sorted, I would exspect to see a couple of BHP more.

CLIO 182
IMG_0644.jpg

It does fit with a bit of modifying,drilling and cutting.
It works ok at the moment but is not finished, we still haven't sorted the map out 100% so i cant give you exact figures.
Once we get the time to finish it we will upload some exact figures :)

Thanks loads 4 the pic and info,helps me a bit more. i think it somthing i could do,i work in an engineering company,so got no worries about the drilling and cutting bussiness. looks real good under the hood 2,brings it up 2 date a bit. just looking for a few mods b4 i eventually get it mapped. :)

LY R26 230 F1 Team
I'd imagine for the time, money, effort you'd be better off having your inlets matched.

It will fit and it looks super cool IMO,all depends on how much time money and effort you have to spare.

Iirc there is an RS in France running one of the 197 inlets with some good gains, as to what his other mods are I can't recall.

Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
I think this manifold will start to work well when used with other mods.

We are going to be turboing this car soon, so it will be intresting to see how things work then.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Looks really nice that, does bring it upto date. What figures are you looking at to get it to fit etc?