ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Racing Clio for 2017 Season

Renault Clio 172
So after having my other Clio for a year now, and really enjoyed racing it, I thought it was time I got another and used it as my daily. So, after loads of searching, I found one.
image.jpg3_zpsctmrv2oe.jpg

image.jpg4_zpsgphlulzy.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsx9x1f7xt.jpg

Plan is to drive it for a year, to really get used to the feel of the car, and gradually upgrade the car as I go along, ready to strip it down at the back end of next summer.

Bits that need doing now are....

There are a few bad bad bits on the paint work, which I'm going to get repaired.
The interior is a bit tired, but think a really good valet will sort that

The main thing I need to do first, is sort the exhaust out. The chap o bought it off cut the cat out, and just run a pipe through.

I'd be interested to know opinions on replacements, with the thought of it ending up racing, but still not too loud for ever day use. Also be happy to replace the manifold, if needs be.

I haven't made my mind up about which class to race it in yet. I would imagine it'll be class A, as it wouldn't feel right going down to production class, although they do look to have a great run!

182cup & 172 racecar
I would save yourself a lot of money Andrew, and do the production class in it. Very capable car these.