ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 rear brake issue

172, Tiguan
I changed the rear disks on the 197 at the weekend. It all went fairly smoothly except the offside rear caliper was an arse to wind back in, so I managed to use a screwdriver and a hammer to move it back in enough to clear the pads and disks.

I've noticed the disks are getting really hot on both sides, which would suggest they are binding slightly. Does this sound like the handbrake is dragging? I was expecting an issue on the offside because it was so stiff to wind back in, but both sides are doing it.

Any thoughts? I've bought a proper wind back tool to give it another go at the weekend, but I might slacken the handbrake right off as well?

Cheers

When you've finished you have to pump the brake pedal before you touch the hand brake lever. Did you do that?

Also check the hand brake levers on the calipers go all the way back.