ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Recaro seats in a 182??

Clio 197
Dont think they do as they have different sub frames as i was thinking the trophy seats in the 197 and was told they wouldnt fit unless u had custom sub frames made.

RB 182
I can get something knocked up in the tool room where i work but don't fancy doing it unless im 100% sure what im doing. Can you buy sub frames that are adjusted for differnet seat configurations?

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Yes 197 Recaro Sportster seats will fit. You will to replace the 197 subframes and replace with 182 Recaro subframes.

v6sportster2.jpg

v6sportster1.jpg
Pictures from Peter255 vee on v6clio.net.

Evo 6, E92 320d
I think they are the seats in the new Golf R32, they were bloody comfortable. Although they creaked :s

nath&alex

ClioSport Club Member
Yes 197 Recaro Sportster seats will fit. You will to replace the 197 subframes and replace with 182 Recaro subframes.

v6sportster2.jpg

v6sportster1.jpg
Pictures from Peter255 vee on v6clio.net.

Sorry to bring a thread up from the dead, but which 182 recaro subframes? The Renault ones or the Recaro ones? Would be nice if I could get my hands on some of the CS Sportsters :)

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
No problems , you will need to buy Recaro Sportsters as 197 sportsters have an integral subframe and require a lot of cutting and welding. You will then need to mate these to genuine Recaro subframes to get them looking like the above.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I don't understand why Renault chose thin poorly wearing fabric for them. Iirc Recaro ship them standard with pleather, much better.
sportsterCS.jpg

2002 clio 172
I don't understand why Renault chose thin poorly wearing fabric for them. Iirc Recaro ship them standard with pleather, much better.
sportsterCS.jpg
renault does this so often. the cars are fun but the textures and materials they often choose are just like what the f...? case and point that weird sticky plastic the clio 172 phase 2 has on its dash around the clock and stereo. it feels disgusting!

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
They do not fit on 182 recaro frames.

you can buy them new to fit on 182 recaro frames but 197 seats do not fit on 182 recaro frames. You need to fabricate frames for 197 seats they are totally different.

s

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR
There is a set of Ford RS seats on ebay @ £1200 I wonder if they would fit as i like the look of them. Fit though as in just bolt the Recaro subframe to them rather than having to fabricate anything.

Anybody know?

benkay

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Ph2 + Audi S3(8V)
I think most, if not all, of the OEM specification CS seats have custom fabrications underneath and are not easy to install. Only the "aftermarket" CS seats from Recaro themselves seem to allow easy "bolt on a subframe" installation.

cwt

a4 gt golf impreza
Anyone actually fabricated seat frames themselves and used a seat from a later 197 car at all ??