ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 to Trophy??

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Keep getting these strange thoughts lol.

From this

(H&R coilovered)

DSC01742.jpg

To a Trophy!!!!?

I was thinking a swap deal, then i'd AP 4 pot the Trophy and leave it lol

Discuss........

White clique
Rexinatrophy (who owned my 197) and jay197 both went from 197 to trophy and seem happy.

I'm thinking of 197 to BMW Z4 coupe at the mo!

How comes, are you bored with the 197?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Dunno tbh!!! With having a 172 Cup for three years and a 182, i thought i'd been there done it etc. Love the 197, but cant really be arsed messing with cars anymore (awaits flaming from kev ;)) Just something about the Trophy?

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Tricky one Gaz, i like the 172/82 and 197 for very different reasons.. i guessing keeping both isn't a option?

Although a trophy with AP racing 4 pots would be great :approve:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Tricky aint it!!! Dont want both, just maybe sold on the tearing up the welsh roads in a Trophy lol!!

White clique
Get the Trophy to tick the box. Picking up a 197 and Trophy are a peice of piss, you can easily get yourself back into another 197 if you are dissapointed.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Possibly lol. I know what to expect in the 182, as have regular access to my sisters 182, will feel a bit of a backward step interms of interior etc.....but hmmmmm. Keep having these thoughts lol. Must be because i keep seeing one, hell i even had a dream about one!!! (weird)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Be reet, i know what to expect (firmer than a cupped 182, recaros etc) Just not sure if the 'gruffness' will piss me off lol

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
just get the trophy you gay and be done. gonna put H&Rs on lol

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
no tbh mate i think you will be stepping a bit backwards your 197 is mint even though i wouldn't trade mine for one. there older and you have had a 182 so just get the ideas out of your head. just get some cams for yours

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

Has loads more presence than the MK2
Better built
Beter lump
Better seating position/steering wheel
Better brakes

Trophy.

Rare
Recaros
Trick suspension

Hmmmm. Answered my own question?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Feel the need lol!!! I think i just get bored too easily. Think after a month with the Trophy i may think why?

Mondeo TDCI 130
I dunno, the 197 is MINT!! But maybe it takes the fun out of it with its more refined approach!!

BUT, get a trophy, them we can fit H&R's, and really upset everyone!! MINT!

Swift Sport
If the 197 failed at something the 182 was good at I'd understand, but the 197 is just as good at anything the 182 can do!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I was thinking GAZ coilovers....... Refinement is good 90% if the time, see my thoughts regarding exhausts...... wink wink

The AC is still working..... WIN!! Touching all available wood

Mondeo TDCI 130
gaz coilovers and a KTEC stealth! your favourite mods!

Swap you, cup (whats left) and GTI for the 197....

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
If the 197 failed at something the 182 was good at I'd understand, but the 197 is just as good at anything the 182 can do!

I agree the 197 is a better overall package, but it's just not as fun as the 172/82 IMO.

I'd like a 197 cup, but not at the expensive of the 172 as i'd miss it too much.