ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197... What does f1 edition have?

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
19 and wants a Clio 197! Hope you have a very well paid job because a Clio 197 maybe cheap to buy. But they are certainly not cheap to run.

I see these threads so many times where guys who have only been driving a few years and then want to go straight to a faster car.
This usually ends up in the following.

A. Showing off in front of mates. Crashes and then has a written off car or a massive repair bill.
B. Drives to quickly in the wet or poor road conditions and crashes.
C. Gets pulled by the fuzz for driving to fast racing " Saxon 1.2's" and gets points thus putting up insurance on a already expensive insurance policy.
D. Sells it for a cheaper option because it's far to expensive to run.
E. Keeps it and runs it into the ground because you can't afford to get it serviced or repaired.

I'm not saying you will do that but from what you have put in the thread already indicates these may happen in the future.
From what I know so far a Clio 182 is a lot cheaper to run then a 197 so stick with that for a few years.

This thread has my afternoon. I'll be sure to check back later.

Also since when was a 197 £2000 more to buy than a 182 ? I though the difference was a lot more.