ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197... What does f1 edition have?

Clio Sport 182
Okay so I currently own a 182 and am going to upgrade to a 197. After the though of an Astra and a corsa VXR along with A3's and other cars it was the insurance that swayed it for me but I start doing in depth research for a new one does anyone know what the F1 edition has that the others dont? Only thing I can find is the recaro seats but apart from that I am baffled... :/

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Okay so I currently own a 182 and am going to upgrade to a 197. After the though of an Astra and a corsa VXR along with A3's and other cars it was the insurance that swayed it for me but I start doing in depth research for a new one does anyone know what the F1 edition has that the others dont? Only thing I can find is the recaro seats but apart from that I am baffled... :/

Numbered to 500, Recaros, Cup chassis as standard, oh and you could get them in LY

RB 182
I too am in this situation so if anyone can suggest any other cars within the same league as these cars...

Mazda RX8 & Clio 197
Depends what you want it for, I've got a nice rebuilt rx8 I would sell you but I wouldn't use it as a daily drive because of fuel economy.

It's all situational.

Clio Sport 182
I want something where I am 18 turning 19, want a car I can give a good chuck around, with a roaring exhaust and will beat all the little losers in their 1.2 Saxo with a modded exhaust thinking they are amazing...that's what I want. I also want to know if it is truely worth the investment of going from a 182 to a 197. It is so much different that it warrant an extra £2k?

Mazda RX8 & Clio 197
If I'm totally honest from your response you seem like the sort of idiot that shouldn't even be on the roads, you realise there are things called racetracks for "beating the little losers in their 1.2 saxos" which by the way don't exist as they come in 1.0, 1.1, 1.4 and 1.6 variants.

I just hope you don't kill someone with that attitude.

Clio Sport 182
It's not exactly like I go around life with that attitude. I just find it funny when they rev their engine and you leave them with the murmur of your exhausts...

Mazda RX8 & Clio 197
I'm sure you will find it funny one day when showing off and proving nothing when you crash your car or worse yet kill someone.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Late night popcorn ftw!

Oh and Albi Blue R27s are made of galliwinium.

Mazda RX8 & Clio 197
Don't worry kid think you will do that all for yourself.

I know that you think your the best thing since sliced bread but believe me you are an immature little child and you will learn that the hard way I fear.

Mazda RX8 & Clio 197
Okay, thankyou for your time and unnecessarily ruining my post?

Sorry was that a question?

Guess the gene pool was nearing empty. Anyway yeah I'll leave you to it but just a leaving thought, if you need a 2.0l car to beat saxo's you really are a sh1te driver.

BG DCI
Because I want something with a bit more style as I feel my 182 is a bit outdated

Style and age are not in the same category of choice..

Something with more style doesnt need to mean newer..?

All a little confusing...

If you can afford to buy, insure and run a 197 at 18 going on 19 then good luck to you, but your posts makes you look like a bit of a snob who wants to beat 1.2 saxo's (lol) and have a car to "chuck around".

So you want a 07/08 plate / £5-£6k car to chuck around that has cheap insurance...

Need to mature a little bit im afraid.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
6K I wouldn't bother with a 197 regardless of trim level, much more out there which is quicker for 6K and cheaper to life with imo, Lexus Soarer 2.5TT or a 300ZX TT for the Saxo Slayer.

Mazda RX8 & Clio 197
Get a corsa VXR you'll fit right in.

This^^

Or possibly this:

7a952f648924_zps86f484d1.gif

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I want something where I am 18 turning 19, want a car I can give a good chuck around, with a roaring exhaust and will beat all the little losers in their 1.2 Saxo with a modded exhaust thinking they are amazing...that's what I want. I also want to know if it is truely worth the investment of going from a 182 to a 197. It is so much different that it warrant an extra £2k?

Ignore them - honestly. Surely only 1% of these types have any belief that their epic motor (and their own innate ability) would out-perform an RS Clio anyway.

Let them feel smug. But you know, they know and every other driver and pedestrian in the immediate area know - your car would run rings around them. Therefore, they fail. Hard.

D.