ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 197
took a few better photos today.
17-6.jpg

17-5.jpg

17-4.jpg

17-3.jpg

17-2.jpg

17-1.jpg

17.jpg

mods so far...
remped.
ITG pannel filter.
exhaust.
lowered on H&R 30 front 40 rear.
25mm H&R spacers all round.
meggy alli foot rest.
removed rear clio badge.
i pod wired in.
oh! and renault sun glasses holder(replaces grab handle)
jase...

Very nice - but as I put in tyour thread about the spacers, i'd have gone with narrower ones tbh, as the wheels look a bit far out to me.

dje

Renault Sport Clio 197
looks very good.
you have 25mm assembled under every rim?

how does the exhaust sound?

Clio 200 Raider
i like the side vents and wheels but im not sure about the front yet.

but that is the best colour

looks wicked JAse - any rubbing with the spacers? the wheels stick out a lot now! did H&R do a smaller spacer by any chance?

CB600FS
I think the wheels look spot on now, looks as wide as a megane, and in general, that car looks spot on.

clio 197
cat171...had to be 25mm really due to not wanting to mess with longer bolts and lockers and these type of spacers only start at 25mm.

dje...yes mate 25mm H&R spacers all round(front and rear)
the exhaust sounds very close to factory(thats how i wanted it)just seemed a shame you couldnt see the twin pipes and wanted help her breath a bit easier.

jase...

dje

Renault Sport Clio 197
oh ok, i´ve mounted 15mm per wheel at front.
25mm looks better ;)

ok very good, a friend of mine attached the cup exhaust on his 197, ... that´s intolerably loud :cool:

amwnx9hyhfufq444v.jpg

clio 197
looks wicked JAse - any rubbing with the spacers? the wheels stick out a lot now! did H&R do a smaller spacer by any chance?
no rubbing at all mate.
H&R do any size spacer s but this type only start at 25mm.
Eibach do decent spacers too but are slightly more expesive.
the thing is with this type of spacer is you dont have to fork out for longer lockers(which can be hard to get) and less strain on the bolts if they're short.
jase...

clio 197
oh ok, i´ve mounted 15mm per wheel at front.
25mm looks better ;)

ok very good, a friend of mine attached the cup exhaust on his 197, ... that´s intolerably loud :cool:

amwnx9hyhfufq444v.jpg
aahh! 15 and 25 per side.that makes more sence:eek:
yes i have 25 under all.(true euro stylie)
where has the rear transverse box gone.no wonder its loud:dapprove:
jase...

MKIII 138
looks great. but is the diffuser working properly with exhausts sticking out, is the car harder over bumps i.e less forgiving on b roads / wet due to lower and spacers.

i.e its a slow`ish car so handlings what its all about, havent renault got it all right ? the meg isnt really low but a good bod of mine on meganesport assures me the setup is so good his noble would have a hard time catching it on the twists (would get raped on a track though lol)

stirky

ClioSport Club Member
  Cliosport 197
Looks great how it should be straight out the box.
Where did you get the parts from if you don't mind telling?

Last edited:
  clio 197
removed rear clio badge. <<< is it just stuck on???
oh! and renault sun glasses holder(replaces grab handle)
jase... <<< not sure what you mean? pic?
yep the rear clio badge is just stuck on.
will take a pic of the suglasses holder tomorow and let you know the part number too.
stirky...which parts?
the H&R stuff ,JBS Autodesign got and fitted.
the alli foot rest and sunglasses holder from renault dealer.

clio 197
looks great. but is the diffuser working properly with exhausts sticking out, is the car harder over bumps i.e less forgiving on b roads / wet due to lower and spacers.

i.e its a slow`ish car so handlings what its all about, havent renault got it all right ? the meg isnt really low but a good bod of mine on meganesport assures me the setup is so good his noble would have a hard time catching it on the twists (would get raped on a track though lol)
tbh i doubt that the rear diffuser does that much?
with the spacers it seems more stable side ways(wider track)
but yes ,being lowered is less forgiving over the bumps but dont mind its not that bad.help having 45 profile tyres instead of 40. another reason for sticking to 17" rims.
jase...

clio 197
no problem pal.
part number for H&R 25mm spacers is 5035601.
i got JBS to order mine and save on delivery but there is a place in ireland called "performance alloys" that can delliver them if you dont know of anywhere.
jase...

stunning mate!

but i think the 197 from the front is disgusting, from the rear its superb tho.

not for me from this shot:

17-4.jpg

Looks sweet, but I'd be suspect of messing with the cars strongest area - the chassis. Still, it does look good. All it needs now is the go to match the show ;)

Turbos.
Looks like an ace car.

Renault claimed the diffuser meant you didn't need the rear spoiler, so i guess it must produce some downforce, but from the little i know about aerodynamics i think they only work properly when the car is very low to the ground.

Does the 197 have a flat floor?

I was kinda joking, as I think we all realise that the diffuser probably does very little ;)

Cracking looking 197, although the best colour for that car is silver IMO :)

clio 197
Looks like an ace car.

Renault claimed the diffuser meant you didn't need the rear spoiler, so i guess it must produce some downforce, but from the little i know about aerodynamics i think they only work properly when the car is very low to the ground.

Does the 197 have a flat floor?
nope(presume you mean undernieth)...and same here,i thought it would need to be scraping the gravel to create any usable downforce too.

dje

Renault Sport Clio 197
that blue is gorgeous, no need for silver (though that silver of the 197 is also lovely :) )

535d / t5 caravelle
beautiful car there mate, i'll be honest this is the first 197 thread i've bothered opening, not for any reason in particular, suppose just because i have a mk1, and i've not really done much research into them eaither, but your car looks stunning!

keep up the good work fella!

ps. people mentioning there not that quick? what sort of performance times we talking here? 0-60? 0-100? top speed?

cheers

GW 200T
Looks lovly one fine example. what srt of connection you got for ur ipod and were did you get it from as thinkin bwt gettin mine wired up

MKIII 138
thought it was meant to produce a maximum 73kg of downforce at top speed. If you can take sweeping corners at 131mph max speed then id prefer to have that downforce rather than without ;)

clio 197
bill...0-60 is supposed to be 6.9 sec.
if you want to read up...
http://stickyrubber.com/news.php?id=1162
impey...just had a ipod fm transmiter fitted by technicar in sheffield as i have the cabasse in dash 6 disc changer and didnt want to replace it.it doesn't get any crackle though:D
meggerman...can't really see me trying to take bends at 131 mph:eek: and is that a renaults figure for downforce ? because they also say it has 197 bhp;) .