ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1k to spend on making my clio better ?

anything
ive currently got my ph1 to a level of cleanliness and exterior standard that im happy with , ive done the yozza thing (too loud) and the speedline 2118,s (too small) and have a few quid to throw at it ... ive worked hard to save my money without the wife spending it so question is what would you advise/do with a grand ...

1 throttle boddies
2 supercharger
3 trendlines and a few other cosmetic goodies
4 open to suggestions

P100804_195409.jpg

Mk5 golf gti
if you can get 1 or 2 for a grand then get it LOL

id put it towards throttle bodies i would say

200 FF Storm Grey
Quite like the front bumper mate, works well.

Personally I would go for throttle bodies, anything that makes the car more fun should be priority ;)

anything
also since that pic ive fitted a cupra splitter pressed plates and wind deflectors and currently have my clocks being re coloured

P100811_193235.jpg

P100818_190543.jpg

P100824_134658.jpg

P100818_190557.jpg

DCi 100
Set of seats and a steering wheel, atleast you can carry them onto the next car and if you buy second hand you'll never loose much money.

200 FF Storm Grey
Have you got a pic of the full rear end? I've been considering that badge myself, just want to see how it goes

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Keep it. The mk2's are now worth fack all at the moment, it would be a waste long term imo

200 cup/Btm'd ph1
A grand wouldn't get near to bodies or charger! Looking more like 3-4 for either. If the wife will let you, do a few track days! You cant enjoy theses cars on the road anywhere near there full potential.

A grand wouldn't get near to bodies or charger! Looking more like 3-4 for either. If the wife will let you, do a few track days! You cant enjoy theses cars on the road anywhere near there full potential.

Someone on here has done bodies for under £600!

320d
Clear side repeaters would be a good start ;)

On a serious note, some decent coilies, a whiteline ARB and some track days.

anything
i have a good freind who says charger or boddies and map for under a grand is most deffinately doable the first he has done himself for well under 1k ... i work too much to get track days:eek:

Charger for under a grand isnt going to happen.

Boddies can be and has been done. As EvilTwinKa said, its running standard ECU.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
You wont be able to fabricate a supercharger kit, buy a charger, intercooler, pipe work, custom brackets, uprated mounts, custom mapping blah blah blah for under a grand

Dont like the bumper, the splitter or the badge sorry

Buy some coilovers and a BTB exhaust, also get a de-cat, made a big difference on my ph1, along with an ITG filter element for the standard airbox

RS tuner map would go well with the above mods aswell

Whiteline rear anti roll bar will also change the car dramatically for cornering

You could get exhaust, coils, filter, Rs tuner and possibly Rear Anti roll bar for just shy of a grand

Mk5 golf gti
i have a good freind who says charger or boddies and map for under a grand is most deffinately doable the first he has done himself for well under 1k ... i work too much to get track days:eek:

well if he can do it, then go ahead an get the supercharger

id love to see that tbh lol

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
I'll order some kits of him too please :)

Just for the C30-94 it's about £1700!

Cro

Meg'd r27
Charger for under a grand isnt going to happen.

Boddies can be and has been done. As EvilTwinKa said, its running standard ECU.

It's me he's talking about running bodies for under 1k , and I run Omex600. The charger idea would be me using the one from a mini.

Russ' £600 included re-couping money from bits sold, mine doesn't.

Last edited:
  ibiza cupra
It's me he's talking about running bodies for under 1k , and I run Omex600. The charger idea would be me using the one from a mini.

Russ' £600 included re-couping money from bits sold, mine doesn't.

think he is on about a chap called russ. he fitted them himself and it is mapped using the standard ecu. i was talking to him at santa pod a few weeks ago. he ran a 14.2 i think.

Cro

Meg'd r27
Lol he's talking about me dude I do know the guy, fab'd, fitted, wired and mapped on omex under 1k. Hutchie also rocks out itb's for very little cost

It's also my idea about being able to charge it for under 1k, seeing as the mini chargers can be had for a couple of hundred.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
The mini charger is an Eaton M45, and you're best off getting the teflon coated one which will set you back around £300, can happily boost the standard mini chargers to around 280-300bhp,

If you're doing all the work yourself I still doubt you'll do everything for under a grand, good on you for the bodies though thats a bargain!

DB.

BMW 440i
Mahoosive TV! lol

If you don't know what to spend it on, you shouldn't spend it tbf. Just wait until you want something!

DB.

BMW 440i
If i had the £1k and had to spend it, I'd go on holiday again or put it towards an epic trip to Thailand! Not the motor!

If anything though, tyres/brakes and trackdays!

Megane 225 F1
I would spend it on a driving holiday around Europe tbh. That is something that I want to do so badly but can't afford it :(