ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2.0 williams conversion insurance

I got a valver which I'm planning to put a williams 2.0 in,, and was wondering how insurance companies cover this? I read somewhere that they insure the car with the insurance group of the car the engine came from. Is this right? Anyone be able to post there insurance jumps froma 1.8 16v to the 2.0 16v please? thanks sam

Clio Cup/GSXR 600
Probably more than, as its a modification? could be wrong. I had a mate that did it he used the 16v engine cover and i think rocker cover (could also be mistakes) and you couldn't tell so he never told insurance company. If you have a major accident tho and it gets checked out you could be in a spot of bother? But do what you got to do?

182 and 5 GTT
I think that most people dont declare it because off the minimal differences between to 2 engines.

320d
The blocks look identical apart from the bottom end so alot of people don't inform insurance companies especially as you can keep the 16v exhaust manifold when doing the conversion

S2000
Some people definately have declared them, but as has been said the differences can at time be difficult to spot for someone who knows about the engines so it would be unlikely to be spotted by the insurance. IIRC the only real differences are the 2.0 manifold (but can use the 1.8 one), starter motor and there is some extra stengthening on the exterior of the williams block.

J

jamesy

surely one of the benefits is being able to insure it as the original spec especialy if its a valver as both engines look alike:cool:

53 Clio's & counting
samcourtney86 said:
So has anyone at all insured there valver 2.0 legally? Sam

i did mate i was 23 5yrs no claims with tesco,i went from std valver at 450 to telling them it had 2.0ltr wily engine,filter and exhaust and it went up to 520 lol,not bad i thought,give em a ring it might suprise u........

i remember one of my mates wanting to put a VTS engine in his VTR, though the insurance company said he couldn't as it is a modification or some b****cks like that. guess it depends who your with if you can do it or not