ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2 idiots in an Abarth, video inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
was testing out my new iphone holder and ended up filming a B road blast with sofaboy in the passenger seat and Alex C behind me in his clio, quailty is brilliant from a phone and was good fun :)

sorry about the talking, usual CS banter going on in the car, road starts at 1.02 and jumping the abarth at 2 mins in was rather fun :eek:

it looks like im in the middle of the road but its just the way the camera is being angled.

comments on my driving and where i can improve are very welcome :)

thanks

lynden

Last edited by a moderator:
  FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Was going to say,dont care what angle that was at you were in the middle of the road for a good bit of that driving.Car sounds quite nice to be fair...

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
I will try and get one from the middle of the windscreen , I was on the other side of the road once and it was the first sharp left hander

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
LOL

At 2:56 whan you HAD to be on your side for an approaching car, the left hand lane middle-point was almost exactly in the centre of the video footage.

A lot of the rest of the time, the centre point was to the right of the centre line on the road.

You were on the other side a lot of the time regardless of the 'angle' IMO.

Having said that there wasn't a huge amount of anything else around so no harm done.

Golf GTD Mk7
most random thread ever. Should have titled it a fiat adventure :cool: you in the middle of the road so that Alex couldn't pass you ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
This won't end well...

But you know that already.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
As mark said, for road driving your lines are pretty useless, but at that time of day no harm. Still a good idea to practice them though.

Buy a copy of road craft, read it.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Posting a thread with a video of you speeding around semi-rural 30 limits is never going to end well. But it sounds better than the Monza vid, I'll give you that

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Ah the yugo... wait a minute...

yugo_rear.jpg

Then...
20.jpg

Equals...

Fiat_500-abarth_94.jpg

Oh, and since I'm not arsed about the video, could someone tell me if my old car features at all? If it does, I'll watch it.

PMSL at going out in the middle of the night to do a jump, and posting the vid up on 'CS' just to see the reaction.

Those accents do my f**king nut in as well!

Clio 172 Cup
Such a hellraiser in your Fiat!! Has it had the call back carried out on it yet, to get those fake gash stickers off the side yet?

DCi 100
Car sounds meaty!

LOL @ being followed by Alex, could he keep up?

I was no where near him with no intention of driving to keep up, probably could have kept pace given coilovers and being on my own. I was too busy chatting rather than driving ;)

Was a decent road like, some very very sketchy bits! But alot of the bends you could have saw on coming traffic easily and tucked in/tidied up in preparation.

Status
Not open for further replies.