ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2 newbie 172's (his and hers)

hiya new to this forum and clio ownership :smiley:
my girlfriend decided to buy a silver 172 back in june to replace her 206
2002 02 plate 172 had 52k on the clock cambelt done and new tyres paid £1995 from a dealer
after doing the usual bits and bobs tidying up the paint with the machine polisher, restoring the lights etc and a few small mods (pressed plates and mk4 rs badge) it looked like this
c2f3e862-1826-4684-bd77-8e0b8edf01fb_zpsb7237874.jpg

a08c70cf-21bd-4a53-ab0e-cf36c3cbea45_zps1745ac1f.jpg

i made the mistake of driving it on holiday and fell in love with it and made me realise how much driving my sloooow bmw 316i daily sucked after selling my modified 206 gti 180 to get something sensible. shortly afterwards it was decided i would get one too :)
so after looking at quite a few sheds found this and went and bought it last sunday (crappy pic from the advert havnt had chance to do anything too it yet)

61559dd0-9306-44e0-b2aa-52c8fcdfa755_zps5fa2c408.jpg

2004 04 plate 172 57k on the clock cambelt and dephaser done paid £1800
came with millltek exhaust, cup spoiler and a retrimmed steering wheel which was a bonus
needs a few little bits doing, a full service and a good going over with the polisher but thats it really.
there are plenty of plans for it but unfortunately cant drive it till iv sold my beemer which sucks so its sat on my drive atm

will get a project thread up after xmas as will be doing a lot to mine once iv got some money back from my other car and iv bought the missus some eibach sportlines for xmas so will be fitting them to hers in the new year too :)
we live near plymouth and are hoping to get to some meets and shows in 2015 :D
a photo of my old 206 180 some of you may of seen around hoping to get the 172 upto this standard eventually
matts180_zps965c3074.jpg

cheers guys :)
Welcome and merry christmas. Is the 172 spaced out? Looks really good silver on silver with standard wheels!
nope is standard atm although does seem to have a better stance than mine :/ there is eibach sportlines sat in the spare room waiting to go on hers though. mine will be getting some soon and both will be getting spacers hopefully :)