ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2 Small black relays

172cup
Am I right by saying there's 2 under the bonnet next to each other as mine has one and next it someone has bypassed it with clips/fuse/wire contraption I brought 2 and replace mine it wouldn't start, I put the wire/fuse back in (right hand one as you look at it) and it starts any one know why they have bypass it. Thank's

PH1 172
Yeah 1 I believe is for the radiator fan speed and the other will be for your fuel pump. The relay board can become corroded to the point where it is easier to make a new connection with the wiring and the relay than to replace the whole thing. The person who done it may have had trouble with the relay and instead of replacing it, just bypassed the relay instead.

172cup
Ok thank's when I put a relay in instead of the fuse it won't even turn over totally dead plug the fuse in and starts ok