ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200 supercharger, turbo and re map and ecu

DMS

A thirsty 172
a 182, one of the first k-tec did for a customer I think

Isn't the kit they supply different now though?
When you look at some of the older conversions they don't look anything like mine does. The pipes are bigger, the intercooler looks bigger (though it might not be) and was cut into the bumper and I'm sure the manifolds are a different shape? That's only the visbile differences I've noticed, I don't know if there are any more out of sight.

ITB'd MK1
Come on then what turbo would you like to see on a clio?

IMAG0023.jpg

:evil:

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
I'd be torn between the GT28R and the GT28RS 0.64AR. the R is better for earlier boost, the RS is quite laggy but epic

The gt28r with the AR.60 comp rather than the .42 would be good

Isn't the kit they supply different now though?
When you look at some of the older conversions they don't look anything like mine does. The pipes are bigger, the intercooler looks bigger (though it might not be) and was cut into the bumper and I'm sure the manifolds are a different shape? That's only the visbile differences I've noticed, I don't know if there are any more out of sight.

Intercooler is different and so is the pipework diameter also the injectors are different as the old kit came with 480 picos and the new kit 390 megane 225 injectors. Other than that the kit you have is the same.

The new kit is different as the manifold puts the turbo at a different orientation and as such needs a new down pipe. It also comes with a roller bearing turbo instead of the ball bearing unit we have.

197 Sport
but what about upgrading other parts like brakes, suspension etc? i did ask earlier but no one commented. really interested to hear what you guys are doing about such things to ensure thats its not just fast, but also maintains the excellent handling that the 200 has. straight line speed is great for drag racing etc but in day to day driving there are bends.
please dont think i am digging or knocking it at all, im just interested to know the other upgrades you plan. i myself own a 200 with cup suspension and i just want to know options/ideas etc as i may look at such things in the future.
I will say though that driver tuition is a big step forward to learn how a car handles. i used to own a vx220 which i took to a stage 3 and it wasnt until i had tuition that tbh i really could drive the car to its full potential..........or at least my potential.

DMS

A thirsty 172
I know the turbo on their display engine at Autosport is different to mine. It's a little bit smaller for a start. However, that was demo'ing the LPT kit so I don't know if they're going to continue to supply the unit we have with the HPT kits.

Either way, once mine's running full boost I'm going to leave it alone power wise for a while. I might look at what can be done to get over 300bhp eventually but I want to concentrate on getting the handling sorted first.
Decent brakes, coilovers, lighter / better looking alloys, whiteline ARB and possibly an LSD are on the cards, along with some strippage. I plan to actually do a trackday or two this year. Haven't been to one since 2008!

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Mines running stock trophy suspension and HC brembo discs coupled with ds2500's + braided lines.

Handles the turbo conversion without any issues at all.

ITB'd MK1
ah right not bad. Still....that's just a ratio, the wheel and housing are small. Take a look at a T3 from a cossie for example, the exhaust housing is a lot less restrictive, but they're quite laggy

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
I actually had a cossie t3 in my hands last night, bizarly.

The info I got on the turbo was its a GT2560r (GT28R) with a modified T3 .42 comp housing.

Now obviously a stock GT28R should flow 300bhp how ever with the smaller comp housing I'm not so sure.

So do you think a .86 hot side would give better results?