ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200 to trophy

Anyone done this?

Recently sold my beloved trophy and have had a 200 for a few weeks. It hasn't made me laugh yet. I used to laugh everyday in the ol tomota-mobile. :dapprove:

Yes the chassis is better, but like german metal you need to drive above 70mph for the car to come alive. It's also on some potenza tyres which seem rather crap.

Not convinced. Bugger.

Clio RS200 GW
Yeh i wasnt a great fan of potenza,s myself always felt unsure with them when not even on the limit the grip seemed to give way easy.

Yeh i wasnt a great fan of potenza,s myself always felt unsure with them when not even on the limit the grip seemed to give way easy.

The trophy had PS3 which were frankly brilliant in the wet although a little squidgy on turn-in. These potenaza's just let go straight away.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
I think you've got to get use to the car, I went from a 172 ph1, very raw car. The 200 is just so smooth, it's amazing.

You think you might be nearing the cars limits then a few bends down the road, you realise your nowhere near it.

love the handling and brakes.

​So much more confidence in it than what I did in the 172.

I find my Trophy better than my 200.

The 200 feels like it's being held back where as the Trophy just lets rip!

Did you not test drive a Clio 200?

Yep. Tbh i was getting itchy feet after having the Trophy for nearly 5 years.

The 200 impressed me highly on a twisty road which sold it to me, but i fear this is it's only party trick, whereas the Trophy felt special pretty much all the time.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Yep. Tbh i was getting itchy feet after having the Trophy for nearly 5 years.

The 200 impressed me highly on a twisty road which sold it to me, but i fear this is it's only party trick, whereas the Trophy felt special pretty much all the time.

Yeah makes sense.

I've driven both, and prefer the way the trophy drives.

C63 AMG
6 weeks after buying my 197, I bought a Trophy. The 197 isn't the same as a 200 (the 200 is about 10% better in my opinion). But the Trophy was just outrageous fun. The only reason I bought my 200 was because I wanted something brand new and more comfortable. But if you're looking for raucous fun, get a Trophy. There are some great low mileage examples on Pistonheads.