ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2002 Clio Speedo

ve been told that all speedos are inaccurate to some point, Never realised how much till today when my 1.2 16v was apparently doing 123mph on the M6!! And thats with a boot load of ice, and a set of standard renault suspension springs in abox on the back seat,

Quoted top speed is supposed to be 105.

Whats going on? Should it be this inaccurate??

Thanks

Clio 1.6 16V

Are you running on standard wheels? If you are using non-standard wheels / tyres this can screw up your speedo calibration.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

this is a bizzare thing

last night my speedo read over 125mph at the rev limter in 5th

i have 16s

but did you know that most clio speedos are setup for 14 inch wheels

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

thats only what i was told my one of the mechanics at my dealer

could be wrong

I guess its possible but Renault invested a hefty amount of millions in the revised model so i cant see them missing something like that. Then again it is Renault...

Ok anyone got a little portable gps unit that can do a quick burn down a SAFE stretch of motorway and let us know what the top speed really is?

I prob should say for legal reasons i am not asking nor condoning anyone to break the uk national speed limit in any way. If in doubt apoloigise and say Im sorry I thought I was on an autobahn!!!!

Lionel Richie

Roamer had 140 on the clock in his 172 and 140 on the gps at the same time!!! id say that was pretty accurate!!!!!