ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2002 Ph2 172 Clio Headlights

Clio Sport 172 Ph2
Ive been looking around for a while for a replacement Xenon headlight for my 172 and with the MOT fast approaching its panic time

Im not in the position to take out a mortgage extension to buy a new one from Renault

Ive been thinking about buying some cheaper standard units for the time being until I can find one...Would standard units without the xenon bits plug into the existing loom with no choping wiring about?

Clio Sport 172 Ph2
Bump...Ive found that Xenon units are plug and play to non sport Clios so Id imagine its the same the other way?

bought a set now so my 172 will be non-xenon temporarily :(

Clio Sport 172 Ph2
one of the fixings inside the unit was broken so it was flopping about inside so wouldnt adjust...so would probably fail the beam test

2002 Clio Sport 172
U can adjust it on the block instead of the white dial on the side to adjust the beam, the flopping unit bit, only adjust so far..

Clio Sport 172 Ph2
The reflective part pivots on two balljoints inside the unit...it is also supported by the leveller...one of the balljoints snapped off so the reflective part points down and the leveller has no effect because of that

Ill probably have a go at dremelling the black backing off the unit...fibreglassing the balljoint back on and then glueing the unit back together...but in the mean time I need an MOT so the standard units will do :)

I PMd Matt before and had no reply...does he have a website I could look at tonight? :)

P4NLY said:
I PMd Matt before and had no reply...does he have a website I could look at tonight? :)
Matts usless on PMs he gets to many so looses a few.

Best ring him and they arn't that good at giving Matt messages so just keep ringing till you get hold of him he's very helpful.

The website isn't much use and down most of the time have a search on google for Accrington Specilaist Renault breakers.