ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2002 Renault Clio Excl. History Help

Renault, Honda, Jeep
Hi

I own a 2002 Renault Clio 172 Excl. I am trying to trace the history as the kick plates with the no. are missing. Does anyone have an idea how best to trace which no mine is ? Lots of bils and V% but driver pack was missing.
Reg is HN02 ZRF
Thanks

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Unlikely its a 172 Exclusive, they were mostly Y registered.

Yours will have to have sat in a dealership unregistered for a while to be an 02!

It is a Mk1 1 Phase 1 with metallic green paint and grey leather interior?

Renault, Honda, Jeep
Hi

Thanks for the reply.
It is metallic green with full grey leather, I have just checked the V5 says Clio Sport.

Mike

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
Post a picture up bud. Experian says as you said. There were no green 172's except the exclusive, but as said already, was on a Y plate and phase 1

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Last edited:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
There were a handful of 02 exclusives.

The numbered plaque is a mystery though, I thought they all had them?

53 Clio's & counting
If it has the numbers missing it could be an import.

I have owned 5 Exclusives now and one was an import (From Belgium I believe) as they were also sold on the Continent.

It is a common misconception that only 172 were built - there were more built, but only 172 officially sold in the UK.

The European models had the same features but were not numbered. Mine even had the alarm fitted (Unusual for Clio RS imports).

Of course it may be simply they have been damaged/pulled off/replaced at some point in the cars life - have the tried contacting Renault?

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
The thread that Sanner mentions me in is reasonably informative.!

The number of each UK relates to your order number/place in the queue. So from my correspondence from Renault directly, I was told I'd be getting number 023. (In fact I ended up with No. 022, no reason given.. and I wasn't bothered do didn't question it)

The OP could try contacting the original owner of the car on the off chance they might recall their order number. Good luck with that.

Trivia:
This order number process was sold used for ph1 Clio v6's. Some orders were cancelled, so although there were 500 orders allowed for, only 256 UK cars were made, meaning there are big gaps in the numbering of the cars. Basically, any car numbered over #500 in the UK will be an import.
A system that seems to have been now dropped.

Renault, Honda, Jeep
Thanks for all the tips. I will post a pic up soon, mad that the one scribbler had was also HN02 Z registration. I will try Renault, I have emailed Renault UK. Could it be a RHD import ?

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Thanks for all the tips. I will post a pic up soon, mad that the one scribbler had was also HN02 Z registration. I will try Renault, I have emailed Renault UK. Could it be a RHD import ?

Does it have the little security stickers on the door windows, and where is the alarm switch located under the bonnet? These are usually a good indication of weather or not it's an import. I think it unlikely to be though.