ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2004 Clio DCI 1.5 65 Engine Number Location

I got a letter from the DVLA saying there is a problem with my cars registration. The letter was unspecific as to what the problem is after a phone call it seems 2 MOT certs in different names have been sent in for my car!!

They want to me to supply the Reg, Make, Colour, VIN No and Engine No as taken from the car to help resolve the problem. I have found all of these except the engine number. I and two other people looked for about 30 mins with no success. There is a vague diagram of where it should be in the manual. I did find a completely rusted plate with no discernable markings could this be it?

I can't take the info from any docs or database it has to be from the car.

Please help :(

Cheers D

P.S. I could find the engine no on my girlfriends 1.2 it was stamped onto the engine block the problem with the DCI if it is in the same place is a bunch of pipes etc coming out the front of the engine would mean it impossible to see!

Renault Clio Dci
Go to the lower Grill Area, on the Right hand side is a plate, The Numbers are Vertical. Thats where mine was, and its same Car, Year, Model.