ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

205gti1.9vclio16v

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

I would say a close match but the clio would take it...

The pug is around 130bhp the clio 137bhp

1905cc Petrol

1987 to 1994.
105bhp (CTi), 130bhp (GTi), 122bhp (GTi with cat.).
5sp manual, Front Wheel Drive.
127mph, 7.5secs 0-60 (GTi).
29-37mpg.
GTi in 3dr form.
CTi in Cabriolet form.
GTi has disc brakes all round

Renault Laguna Coupe

From what I remember of driving a 205 GTI it would probably end up in a ditch long before you could work out which was faster.

"Oh-my God-Im-going-to-die-any-minute-now" is my abiding memory of the 205GTI.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

i raced one in 5th only from 80 to 120 when io first got the car and it overtook me slowly!

Id say theres no clear winner, although the 16v moved the game on when it came to handling - its no better, just more controlable.

Never raced one, but Im sure that both 205 GTi and 16v drivers have a lot of respect for one another.

RESULTS

I have raced one of this rolling and standing this is what happened

Rolling Start

I planted it, was slowly pulling away from him all stop at about 110 as i thought that was fast enough

Standing Start

Right same car again, red lights, 2 lanes massive straight bloody brillant!! right reving the engines, i had to bold p-zeros on the front tried letting of at 4k, just span and he was of ! arse!! keep it to the floor, he had about 1 cars length, i was pulling it back every time i went from 5-7k, caught him and got level before having to slow for next roundabout!!!

so there you go,

Valver Wins!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I have owned two 205 GTis .. in the real world you would beat it in a straight line, round the twisties Im not so sure, I know the clio is a great handling car but the 205 GTis inspire so much confidence, during my owning both of the cars (on which was lowered 30mm) there was nothing I could do that the car couldnt handle.

Once and only once the back end came out a bit but this was due to an uneven road surface. All I am saying is IMO the 205 GTi would beat Clios round the corners and that the 205 has superior handling out of both cars as standard.

From the stats the Valver is quicker 30-70 the 205 is only 7.9 in the test I read and the valver was quicker in the same test. How accurate that is I dont know!

at the end of the day they are only an 8v but they fly and have alot more torque so would be close. think down back lanes 205 would win.

as for 205 with mi16 dont even bother you would get flattened dont care what you say seen one in action they go like stink.

The Pug only weighs about 880kg (kerb weight) compared to 980kg for the Valver (I think, cant remember). Just sold my ill fated 205 today. As Adi says, most of em are f**ked now, but 130bhp in a 880kg car mooooves!

Still, Id rather have a Willy/16v than a 205 GTi. The interiors are terrible!

Rhys

Thing is with racing one of these is you never know what model it is. Ever1 badges up the xsis as GTIs and the 1.6GTIs as 1.9. Also there is the mi16 lump that a few have in there. You will never know if you have beaten a 1.9Gti or whether it was a 1.6.

I heard about an interesting fact that around a quarter of 205s, have a different engine to what they were built with.

I think its fairly safe to say that if you roast a 205 in a 16v, its not a 1.9. If it beats you, then its probably an Mi16 conversion. If its really close, then itll be a genuine 1.9.

I know the Mi16 is a very highly rated conversion, but it wont be massively faster than a regular 1.9/Clio 16v. It will be faster, but in my experience on the road you need to be carrying a lot of extra power/torque to make a big difference.