ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

225 injectors on a now N/A 172 over fuelling Q.

Clio 172
Good afternoon

My Clio 172 ph2 has Megane 225 injectors which was brilliant when supercharged, however the supercharged has been removed and now it's running rich and over fuelling, the spec at the moment is as follow

-Decat
-Custom straight through
-Induction kit
-225 injectors

Are the 225 injectors too much for a N/A 172? If not, I'll look at a map to adjust the fuelling until I get around to replacing the supercharger.
Regards
​Jamie

Clio 172
So I'm left with two options I guess, Buy a replacement supercharger and keep the 225 injectors OR remove and replace the injectors with standard 172 ones and hope its not overfueling despite the rs tuning remap.

Thanks again Phil that has cleared it right up for me.

Clio 172
Right guys, I'll explain the situation a little clearer.

The bought a Clio172, does have a alright spec :

-ITG air filter
-Pro alloy radiator and ininter cooler
-NGK iridium spec r plugs
-Janspeed decat
-2.5" custom straight through stainless exhaust
-Kevlar clutch
-ktec supercharger kit with c90-34 supercharger
-rs tuning remap
-225 injectors

The supercharger is bust, previous owned killed it. Anyhow, I've removed it as it was making a right racket and refitted the aircon unit because of the belt etc.. The car is now running without the supercharger and running like s**t (I have only driven it to and from the mot test) its bogging low in the revs and high up in the revs, I'm assuming it's overfueling because of the MAP and fueling is set up for the supercharger.

I'm trying to understand my options, replacing the supercharger is the easiest and the route I will eventually go down when I get the money up together, but if possible would like to drive it untill i save the cash for a new charger, a new charger is £1500. Would it run okay if I just replaced the injectors back to standard? Or will I need to remap it again to suit the 'missing' supercharger?

I don't like the idea of getting it mapped again and losing the map RS TUNING put on, I would rather use the money it would cost to get it mapped by them to put towards the charger and not use the car at all. I guess I'm hoping I can just swap injectors temporarily to allow me drive the car till I've saved for a new supercharger.

Sorry about the essay, would appreciate any help.

Regards
Jamie

Last edited:
  Clio
Without a new Map the car will run like s**t regardless of the injectors fitted, leave it alone until you get a new charger, or get a new map IMO.

Clio 172
Ryan, Dan.. Thank you both, that's all I needed to know, I'll just leave it off the road until I get a new charger then.
Now I know my options.

Many thanks
Jamie

Clio
Ryan, Dan.. Thank you both, that's all I needed to know, I'll just leave it off the road until I get a new charger then.
Now I know my options.

Many thanks
Jamie

Also, become a full member on here, the best £12 you'll ever spend on a clio!