ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

25% added fat

clio 197
:approve:finally got around to fitting the spacers to fill the arches.
and boy do they fill the arches.
they are light wieght alloy 25mm hubcentric H&R all round(the type that bolt to hub and then wheels bolt to the spacer,eliminates need for longer bolts.)
sorry bout the dirty bum but its rianing here,will give her a wash and wax over weekend and post some more pics.
sorry there are so many(got carried away)
before...
IMG_1057.jpg

IMG_1055.jpg

IMG_1054.jpg

after...
11-12.jpg

11-14.jpg

11-13.jpg

11-15.jpg

11-16.jpg

quick one of the meggy foot rest i fitted the other night at work.
11-11.jpg

jase...

ex Clio 172 owner :(
Prefer the original look to be honest - looked neater. Looks almost like you've got wheels with the wrong offset, like those dodgy old Corsas you sometimes see.

Do spacers not put far more strain on your wheel bearings?

clio 197
tbh wouldnt expect to feel any difference but dont know if its my imagination but feels bit more sure footed and less roll due to wider track.
jase...

Turbos.
I'd like to see shots from further away, i imagine the stance looks terrific, but i also have reservations about using spacers.

clio 197
Prefer the original look to be honest - looked neater. Looks almost like you've got wheels with the wrong offset, like those dodgy old Corsas you sometimes see.

wheels just looked lost from certain angles before.
as for the extra strain.yes they do,.more than standard car but if i was to have changed the wheels for bigger or even heavy ones that would have caused extra stain too.the wheels are light wieght and the spacers are also, so should be ok.(touch wood)
jase...

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

What he said.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Those spacers are top notch tho rob, interesting mod.

Looks better, i'd be worried about wheel travel.

clio 197
I'd like to see shots from further away, i imagine the stance looks terrific.

ditto, must say, it sits fantastic :approve:

how you finding the car as a whole?
will try get some better pics at the weekend if it stops raining.
loving the 197 mate,before this i had a mk4 golf 1.8T and didnt think it could ever replace that but so far the 197 has made me smile every time i've got in her.handles great and since the remap pulls a bit more like the turbo too(not used to changing gear so much)
jase...

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
hmmmm i need to replace the cup this year, and your looks stunning imo.

P1040342.jpg

I'd want 'my' 197 to look like this, (old ish pic) think this has been lowered, and the track also looks improved or spaced slightly..... this was the first pic that stirred something in me abou the 197 (oooh eeer :eek: )

Last edited:
  clio 197
Looks good although maybe 15mm would of been a nice compramise.
naah!!! all or nothing.:D
plus the 15mm dont bolt to the hub so would need longer bolts and lockers and then there really is a chance of the bolts snapping under strain.(i know of times this has happend)
jase...

Hondata'd EP3 Type R

lmfao have you noticed its ALWAYS corsa B's with the incorrect offset LMAO!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
i hate this picture...

next year i reckon, if i don't settle for a Vee. ;)

P1040342.jpg

you love it mate, just like me, you dont want to but................

when they get to circa 10k............. ;) I really think the xenon clusters make the front end alot 'meaner' looking