ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2x Eagle F1’s for £175

Hi Guys. I brought two new front tyres for my 172 on Saturday from kwik-fit. They are the GD3 (3rd generation tred pattern apparently) and boy, are they wicked.

Two tyers, plus fitting and balancing etc came to £175. Was that a good price, or was i ripped off?

Yeah they are 195 / 45 / 16s. Sounds like I payed a bit extra cus they were the new style or something. They are ace tyers tho, they stick like s**t to a blanket in wet or dry.

Quote: Originally posted by Clewsy on 30 March 2005

Yeah they are 195 / 45 / 16s. Sounds like I payed a bit extra cus they were the new style or something. They are ace tyers tho, they stick like s**t to a blanket in wet or dry.
are yours gsd3s, if so there the same as i bought, there are no diiferent versions except 2s

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Quote: Originally posted by Clewsy on 30 March 2005

Sorry to say you prob paid extra cause it was Kwik Fit.

Worse than Halfrauds.

Yeah they are 195 / 45 / 16s. Sounds like I payed a bit extra cus they were the new style or something. They are ace tyres tho, they stick like s**t to a blanket in wet or dry.

Dude! No good. Sounds like Iv been turned over. I went to them cus I cont be bothered to buy some over the internet, then pay someone to fit them. By which time I would have saved myself about £2.50.

Still sounds like I should have gone somewhere else tho.

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Kwik Fit are the most expensive place Ive EVER come accross for anything.

The scum bags charged me £64 for a valver battery FFS!

Terrible place, then they have the cheek to take your address and phone number and call you with offers.

If they ever call me again I will tell them I think they are the biggest rip off merchants in ANY business anywhere.

[Edited by Matt16v on 30 March 2005 at 2:20pm]

Thisll break your heart dude...

http://www.elite-design.co.uk/frameset3.htmlhttp://www.elite-design.co.uk/frameset3.html

£77.31 for those not wanting to follow matts link

PRICES INCLUDE VAT, WHEEL BALANCING, OLD TYRE DISPOSAL, VALVES AND FITTING.

Lee

BMW M2C

That is expensive.

When I had a 172 I purchased 4 GS-D3 for it from Kwik Fit. I played different branches off each other and paid £72.50 a tyre all in. Bargain.

Kwik Fit are only expensive if you dont bother challenging them to beat other quotes. One near me is very good at dropping prices to get a sale.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member

66.70 on mytyres.

Add on a fiver for fitting and a quid to dispose of old one etc I guess.

Im taking it that everyone rates these tyres above the standard Continentals that come on the car?

Its just that I am about to replace the rear ones and am contemplating whether to go for the contis and have them matching all the way round (fronts only have 4k on them so not changing them yet), which is obviously my prefered option as it looks better or to change to the Eagles F1s, have them not match for a year or so and then change the fronts over the Eagles at a later date.

Cheers.

almaghrbi

ClioSport Trader
  172 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by Brum Man on 30 March 2005

Im taking it that everyone rates these tyres above the standard Continentals that come on the car?

Its just that I am about to replace the rear ones and am contemplating whether to go for the contis and have them matching all the way round (fronts only have 4k on them so not changing them yet), which is obviously my prefered option as it looks better or to change to the Eagles F1s, have them not match for a year or so and then change the fronts over the Eagles at a later date.

Cheers.

The GSD3 are ace. If you fit in the back and have the contis in the front you will suffer from understeer especially in the wet

Lee

BMW M2C

I swapped all 4 at 12k even though the rears were fine. The Contis are nice and safe, but the F1s grip so much better, and the Exaltos seem to be perfect in all conditions. Already on my second set for the front!

Mmm......the thing is though there is no way that I can afford to replace all round, and i am not throwing away the fronts as they only have 4ks ware on them.

Do you think I should stick with the Contis then as i cant really afford to upgrade all round?

swap the fronts to the rear, then save up the extra to get all 4 done at the same time

unless of course the fronts are pretty much illegal already

Quote: Originally posted by Bryan on 30 March 2005swap the fronts to the rear, then save up the extra to get all 4 done at the same time

unless of course the fronts are pretty much illegal already

Im not sure quite what you mean by the second part :oops:

Here is what I have.

Front: Repalced in September, have 4,000 miles ware on them so i reckon they are not due for a change for around another 12k ish?

Rear: Need replacing, both worn quite considerably.

What should I do, want to go for the GSD3s, but dont want the two different levels of grip front and back to bugger me up.(BTW, which will wear quicker,fornt or back?)

Cheers.

Lee

BMW M2C

I killed my fronts by 12k miles, the rears had only 2mm of wear on them.

If I was you Id stick with Contis all round. They are good tyres. I swapped all 4 as I better tyres, due to the way I drive and track use!