ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3 days outside warranty.

Hi just wondering if anyone new what i might be able to do in this situation.

As you all know i am thinking of getting a clio cup and my mum has a 1.2 clio xreg.

She bought it from new and has had no problems, the warranty ran out on 28/11/03 and on the 01/12/03 when she wound down the window it jammed and she couldnt put it back up.

This was at work, she wason her own and it was pouring with rain so she just taped up the window and took it to a local garage. In total the repair cost £200 and its so frustrating that if it had happened 3 days earlier it would have been free.

She is going to ring Renault this morning to see what they can/will do.I was just wondering if anyone new the best way to approach this or if there is any loopholes or anything?

Thanks alot for any info whatsoever.

Some manufacturers would possibly make a goodwill payment of up to 50% of the cost in this situation.

However, from personal experience Id say you have more chance of Brittney Spears and Kylie Minogue turning up at your house to give you a tongue bath than getting Renault UK or any Renault dealer to do this.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Renault will pay 80%

But as you took it elsewhere your screwed

bad choice.

Clio v6

I believe Tom is right. The dealers have a Post Warranty request form which they use in such cases.