ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

300bhp LY F1 197

Skoda Fabia VRS
So a friend of mine recently had his 197 sent off to Tech-1 for a little bit of a change, shall we say. He got it back last weekend and really wanted some nice pictures of it, so we headed out today (after Llandow) for a little photo shoot if you will.
His car is running a Megane 225 engine, with the hybrid turbo from the Megane 250, 6 Speed LSD from the R26, and is running 300bhp (give or take). It's a bloody gorgeous car, and goes like a stabbed rat!

21515850886_98ef3ea32e_c.jpg

21542057285_ce2b6391a8_c.jpg

21550799571_975e32464b_c.jpg

21354003210_170a59b66d_c.jpg

21515832726_9a339f335c_c.jpg

21515825696_74cef4780a_c.jpg

20920906973_ab17408074_c.jpg

21550773201_1f6a9b5be2_c.jpg

21530832882_96cc0b21bd_c.jpg

21550762991_b827f8367a_c.jpg

20919246724_a850d2a1ba_c.jpg

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I liked these Megged Mk3's at the moment - although probably not enough of a change to make it worthwhile for me!

Cro

Meg'd r27
I liked these Megged Mk3's at the moment - although probably not enough of a change to make it worthwhile for me!
You'd be surprised Daz, get a run out in one if you can. Night and day power wise with the same handling

Skoda Fabia VRS
You'd be surprised mate! They're utterly phenomenal when converted to standard power, let alone this particular car. It's a fantastic conversion and has made me think twice about Boosting y BG.
Cracking photos mate
Cheers bud, I'm slowly improving on shots and editing. :)
How much is a convertion to put a standard Meg engine in a mk3?

Nice and easy way of getting 240hp in a 197/200.
All depends mate, Tech-1 are purely labour, you bring the ingredients. If I myself had a 197/200, I would 100% be doing this conversion, it's a fantastic combination.

Skoda Fabia VRS
What's needed? The engine and ecu obviously... Need a gearbox too or?
Afaik you need the following;
engine (obviously lol)
turbo
gearbox
linkages
loom
ecu
downpipe
manifold
meg shafts (if meg gearbox)
intercooler and pipework
engine mounts

I think that's it, but I'm not 100%!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Yeah, I'd be spending money for ultimately what I already have but in a different shell.

If I was already in a clio then it's a no brainer!

When I got the megane these conversions were pretty rare.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
After having a go of a couple of megs, I'd love the engine in my car.

But for the costs involved, it'd be easier to just sell up for an actual megane.

This car looks brilliant though! I'm not a fan of the exhausts but everything else looks great, even the gloss black diffuser!

Skoda Fabia VRS
After having a go of a couple of megs, I'd love the engine in my car.

But for the costs involved, it'd be easier to just sell up for an actual megane.

This car looks brilliant though! I'm not a fan of the exhausts but everything else looks great, even the gloss black diffuser!
I've told him he needs a new exhaust, he's debating a non res atm as he likes the current scorpion setup. What is generally the best setup for the 197's, bar the akropovic!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I've told him he needs a new exhaust, he's debating a non res atm as he likes the current scorpion setup. What is generally the best setup for the 197's, bar the akropovic!

From what I read, apart from the akra they're all much of the same.

I remember a lad on here having a Spanish exhaust, super sport or super sprint iirc. It sounded unreal! I'm not sure what it did for drivability but it did sound immense.

Skoda Fabia VRS
She's kaput.

News from the garage itself have said that a con rod has bent and rubbed on the block, then proceeded to take out the block scoring a piston.
Basically from what he's said next, he needs an entire bottom end (he's already on the case). Apparently this was due to after the conversion, he didn't attend RS Tuning for a rolling road map. His Torque was above the recommended limit and more than likely is the cause, gutted for him atm.

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
She's kaput.

News from the garage itself have said that a con rod has bent and rubbed on the block, then proceeded to take out the block scoring a piston.
Basically from what he's said next, he needs an entire bottom end (he's already on the case). Apparently this was due to after the conversion, he didn't attend RS Tuning for a rolling road map. His Torque was above the recommended limit and more than likely is the cause, gutted for him atm.

Damn gutted :( lovely looking car as well. Heard of a few bending rods when running over 300lb/ft

Skoda Fabia VRS
Once he's got her all sorted and running that's what he'll be doing. :)
Paul@Tech1 mentioned he won't really see too much of a difference in dropping the torque. Imo it'll make it much more drive-able as well, I walk all over him from a standstill because he struggled to put the power down. This should make the power fully usable.

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
I would keep the torque as low as possible, Andyrg said one of mine looked a bit bent at 250ftlb.
Interesting, what is your set up? Is yours a standard F4R with a turbo or does it have uprated internals or Megane bottom end etc..?

Skoda Fabia VRS
Interesting, what is your set up? Is yours a standard F4R with a turbo or does it have uprated internals or Megane bottom end etc..?
I think you may have got yourself slightly confused there lol.

This is a mates car.
225 (standard, melted, internals)
250 turbo
Front mount
630cc injectors
Decat
Filter etc

RB Clio 182

Mine is a 182 f4r with meg 225 pistons, the rods in the Clio and meg 225 are the same.

I think you may have got yourself slightly confused there lol.

This is a mates car.
225 (standard, melted, internals)
250 turbo
Front mount
630cc injectors
Decat
Filter etc

I think you are confused mate, he quoted me lol.

Skoda Fabia VRS
It's down at Tech-1 now, has possibly sourced a bottom end but won't be finished for about 2 weeks or so. Sounds promising, I'll keep the thread updated!

2004 clio 182
I really need this conversion! !! So dam cool. I have done a conversion on a starlet sportif before now and that was pretty easy to be fair.

Skoda Fabia VRS
Right so, the cars back. The engine was sent off to Tech-1 for a bottom end rebuild over 3 weeks, and she came back last weekend all ready to be dropped back in.
What better thing to do than head over to some glorious Welsh roads and grab some pictures?

26345359520_6b08117169_c.jpg

26618537435_c3dd12cd11_c.jpg

26618545215_4e74435eec_c.jpg

26013137164_41ee5a4497_c.jpg

26345334860_54ce401fa2_c.jpg

26618529155_46f3bd145f_c.jpg

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Almost the most prefect Clio that ever existed I reckon... (just needs the Renaultsport splitter and skirts bit :wink:)

Skoda Fabia VRS
Almost the most prefect Clio that ever existed I reckon... (just needs the Renaultsport splitter and skirts bit :wink:)
Oh my god your profile picture is just brilliant 😂

She needs a few tweaks! He's looking into Coilovers, better rubber more handling mods next!

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Looks lovely and I'd love to stick an R26 engine and box into mine. Although questionable choice on the T1R's on a 300bhp FWD hatch when they struggled with under steer and poor wet weather performance on my sub 100bhp fiesta.

Skoda Fabia VRS
Looks lovely and I'd love to stick an R26 engine and box into mine. Although questionable choice on the T1R's on a 300bhp FWD hatch when they struggled with under steer and poor wet weather performance on my sub 100bhp fiesta.
He praises them in the dry, but he just hasn't driven it hard enough. I vouched for T1R's, then I grew a pair and went that bit faster.