ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

320mm or 350mm Momo wheel?

Iceberg 172
Undecided on which size to go for? Can anyone with experience or either share their views?

Is 320mm too small?
Do the indicator/wiper stalks stick out too far from a 320mm?
Is a 350mm worth the reduction from the standard 380mm?

I don't want anything too radical or chavtastically small, just a nice-feeling handy wheel that's an improvement on the bus job made of cheese...

MK3 GTI golf 16v
if its everyday car id just get a 350. will notice the difference from standard and will feel much nicer to use

320 if you drive fast/track a lot, otherwise might be a bit small for everyday use with no other use

Megane 225 F1
330 is a decent size for every day. I'm tempted by the 300 though just to see what it's like.

Iceberg 172
Hmmm.... so what are the downsides of a smaller wheel?

Is it more steering effort (a lot of my daily driving is in town)? Does it block your view of the instruments?

Finding it very hard to find places with these on display to go and look/try. Even Demon Tweeks only had some of the range on view.

Personally I'd go 330. 300 is small!! Like seriously small, obviously you get used to it but Rob's 300 is like a go kart wheel!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Ive got a 330 and i think anything smaller would be overkill imo. Much improved though

Dan.

CLIO PH1 172
I ran a 350mm for a while and though it felt better but im now running an omp 300mm (same as robs) and it feels AMAZING.............but now im considering a momo 280mm! the smaller the wheel the better the feel imo

Megane RS 250
I find a 300 mm much too small for small corrections...I guess it's ok on the track. Plus it's a pain when parking...

Iceberg 172
So very much personal choice then... :S

Does anywhere have a decent range on display or is it generally an expensive game of trial & error?

Iceberg 172
I'm currently thinking 330mm Sparco Ring. The 350mms do still feel a little large. Anyone got a Sparco Ring L360?

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Id go 350mm tbh my cup racer had a 330mm fitted to it and it found it hard to hold onto the steering wheel one handed when going round tight corners. Different case in a road car i know cause they dont have and LSD and slick tyres but i think 350mm is the perfect size.

I've just got a 300mm and love it, much nicer than the ph1 boat wheel :)

Only downside is being a quite tall it has restricted view of the dials abit with the wheel being smaller, personally doesnt bother me.