ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

353miles to a tank

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Well chuft with that! 1st long trip, both nice days, 65-70 the whole way!

ran on the red for 20miles then decided to fill up!

Still don't belive Justin got over 400!!!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The most i used to get out of mine was 260-odd miles, to my aunties house and back in London.

I thought that was good, but then i was doing 80/90, so i suppose if i'd have done 65/70 i'd have squeezed a few more out of her.

this is the thing with RS clios, mine will do 350 down to london travelling at 70, probs is because i have a lowly 1.2 16v, my fifth gear is up to 3500revs so out of the most economical bracket!! if im doing 60 i get 45 :D but then again i dont really go anywhere lol

would be interested to drive an RS for the day, quietly, see what kinda MPG my trips could hit.

btw what fuels does everyone use? and if you use it do you find that the MPG is better for the higher octane fuels?

jamie

I get about 36-38mpg normally. Get 360-370 miles to a tank. If I go on a long journey or do loads of long trips I reckon I could get over 400 miles.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
i dont normally get more than 300 in my clio, but to work and back is normally pretty slow traffic so that takes it down, although i have done 90miles since i reset the comp. and im doing 43 to the gallon :S

Black S2 106 Rallye LHD
Do the 1.2 and 2.0 have the same size tanks?

Maybe this Justin chap has a newer and well-serviced RS, and pumped up tyres?

Black 172
I'm a student so I only fill up a tenner at a time :eek: but the comp tells me I do about 38 usually when driving mainly sensibly but I've had it over 40. I think it's telling porkies though, 40 seems a tad optomistic to me...
I always use v-power by the way, dunno why, I feel bad otherwise :)

By the way, I've just recently got my clio and as a student I never have any petrol, but the dash light has never come on even when the needle is pretty much right at the bottom. Is mine broken or are they all like this?!

ITB BG 182
ill soon know once again how much i can get to a tank as i have got a nice like trip to Poole, Dorset an leaving nottingham north near j28 at about 3am and i know its roughly 300 miles, so when i get there ill take a picture so you can see how much is on the clock and how much is left in the tank and i am in a FF 182.

Also anyone near poole, bournemouth or portsmouth want to make me welcome one night this weekend gimmie a call please otherwise i might just be bored shitless.

PH1 Oddy, M140i
I have been kicking the sh*t out of the Clio in andorra plus all the work thats been done to it recently and I still get 28-32 mpg!!!

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
365 with an induction kit,and they were mostly running about trips. 1.2 dynamique 37 quid a full tank