ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

36.6 MPG wtf

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
noticed my average mpg is currently at 36.6mpg! it used to be around 40 when i first bought the car (march 07). what can i do to improve this? am i doing something wrong or is there a problem with my car (its only a 55 plate)?? i don't usually drive like a tw*t or anything but for some reason my car car has become more thisty!!

any advice people??

Thanks
Renshaw

RB 182
get about 32 in mine :quiet: that is having quite a bit of fun though, get about 38-40 probably more driving normally.

C

Clio_Craig

mine = 34 but i only drive around town, doing 18mph and rarely get out of 2nd lol

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
It is because of the weather. When air cools down it becomes denser thus your engine chucks more fuel in.

Temperatures have been below 5 degrees most of the time.

Generaly during winter you will see your economy drop off by about 3-4 MPG.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
21/22mpg average here. I've seen, erm, a bit less *cough* ;) :)

Dan

mini cooper (RIP 172)
It is because of the weather. When air cools down it becomes denser thus your engine chucks more fuel in.

Temperatures have been below 5 degrees most of the time.

Generaly during winter you will see your economy drop off by about 3-4 MPG.

and heater ect;)

BG 182
Mine usually averages around 28-35.. But that's always on and off the clutch, around town and to work and back, I always have a play around too ;)

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Im gettin about 37 from mine at the moment.
I don't see the point driving like your pants are on fire when you barely get the room driving in rush hour traffic.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Why are people with sport hatches moaning about mpg,get out and thrash the bloody things

ST
Indeed Ian..

27ish average mixed driving, sometimes as low as 20mpg around town in my 197...

On motorway run it'll rise to around 35ish tho..

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Why are people with sport hatches moaning about mpg,get out and thrash the bloody things

Yeah i see the point on the weekends. Just not on the hack to work every morning. I barely find the room to anyway.
Plus it saves me having to re-fill every 5 days.

Integra Type-R DC2
I get 34.4 out of my Dynamique. I dont think I could possibly get much more than that.

'03 182 replica -for sale
get around 24 for a full tank, bloody city centre, soon as i hit the motorway and go 90, average mpg goes up

Honda ATR
It will be the weather.... as it's colder your engine management will use more fuel to warm the engine up which means its running richer for longer. Hense the lower MPG

ST
It will be the weather.... as it's colder your engine management will use more fuel to warm the engine up which means its running richer for longer. Hense the lower MPG

What what what??

I thought it was due to the air being more dense...

D

dick

if i sit behind a truck doing 55-56 mph, my i get50+ that must be the sweetspot.

at 85-90 down the motorway at night, about 32.

and mines a 51.

i average about 44

1.2 16v all the way.

although it sounds like a bag on spanners it gets to 60 a damn sight quicker (more than 2 secs less than everyewhere says its supposed to to 62mph on a roadangel 2) and i dont really know where to stop reving, could probly go further than about 5.8 but dnt wanna hit the limiter ever.

Honda ATR
Same thing!!! the air is denser due to the colder weather.

Yes but it doesn't really have anything to do with 'warming' the engine??

From what i understood the ECM will run the engine richer for a period of time so exhaust temps can increase, this will cause the catalyst to heat up quicker and reduce emissions in a shorter period!!!

Dose it honestly matter..lol