ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

360 spin = brown trousers

actively looking
Was doin my usual trip to oxford this weekend but had a bit of an "exciting" experience. Was pleased as punch with my new good year f1's i had fitted to the front this morning at a bargain price 0f 100quid for the pair.

Unfortunately my rear tyres are still two different random tyres from the previous owner.

I kno the rears are twitchy on 172's and thats usually fun but i was caught completey unaware this morning on a roundabout and went completey round in circles. and ended up stallled and facing the wrong way in the middle of the road.

And i can promise u i wasnt going fast, it was a reasonable speed on a wet roundabout.

Moral of the story tyres are important and always have your wits about u!

Anyone else had any similar experiences would love to here them!

I did a 270 spin once...
On a roundabout in the middle of nowhere in the snow........and involved a slight tug of the handbrake. :eek:

New tyres should go on the back, then you should take it easy for about 100 miles. Lesson learnt i'd say.

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
i was the same, i had this mickey mouse tyre on the back which wouldnt wear out, turns out its cos it was made of the same coumpound u get on solid bike wheels when your 4, boxing day i lost it, on a roundabout, seemed to be travelling sideways for ages untill i hit the kurb end where the slip road started.

next think i know my hazards are on and i yet again have a cabin full of chalky powder. side airbag had deployed (again).

i did blame ice, it was more likly down to the tyres
edit. and me.

BMW M135i
Had the same thing on my 1.6, F1s on the front some avons on the rear. Thought it was great fun in the wet until it caught me out and punted me into a curb/railings blew a side airbag and bent the wishbone, balljoint and subframe (slightly). Not a trick I will be repeating.

320d
Had the same thing on my 1.6, F1s on the front some avons on the rear. Thought it was great fun in the wet until it caught me out and punted me into a curb/railings blew a side airbag and bent the wishbone, balljoint and subframe (slightly). Not a trick I will be repeating.

had the back go and i hit a wall, because it was a left hander and it spun towards the wall and as i put full opposite lock on to get out of the skid the front corner hit the wall. Bumper,Headlight and wing £570 = lesson learnt

Astra VXR ex 172 owner
ive got a slow puncture on my back driver side tyre n wen its goni flat most of the time its great fun sideways action on every round about with the aid of traction control cant go wrong haha

CB600FS
Yeah cheap tyres on the rear in the wet isn't cricket, edde will tell you - came round a bend a tad too quick and ended up going broadside for about 100 yds at Nurburgring.

Nankang Ditchfinder PE2's

cant beat a RIGHT good pant SHITTER...to calm your driving down..oes the world of wonders...

(not saying you where driving bad, but a hell of a lot of young un's need to have a wee "experience"...)

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
New tyres should go on the back, then you should take it easy for about 100 miles. Lesson learnt i'd say.

In your case, yes they should go on the back....;)

I don't subscribe to that view though. Have always put newer tyres on the front.
I want my driven wheels to have the fresher rubber, not the rear.
If it gets loose at the back due to the tyres, its down to having superior rubber on the front and budgets on the back.
Remember, two different compounds front and rear will unbalance things much less than having a few MM difference front to rear on the same rubber all round.

actively looking
definately getting another pair of f1's for the rear now. not letting that happen again i need to check theres definately no damage because i ramped up the island at the front for part of the spin but it seems alright.

Clio 182 cup'd
And i can promise u i wasnt going fast, it was a reasonable speed on a wet roundabout.

Moral of the story is: dont plant a car round a wet roundabout and then blame the car/tyres!

Audi A4 2.0 FSI S-Line
In Abersoch, North Wales a few weeks ago and took my A4 off a cliff, well half off (back wheels were off the ground). Handbrake was involved and lots of deep gravel. Fortunately just over the edge there were a few bushes with brambles etc. and I think this was what actually stopped us going over completely = brown trousers throughout. A Hilux managed to tow me up in the end. Got a few pictures on the computer still. Don't mess with the gravel.

Mk1 Eunos Roadster
You don't want Skidmore DiYungs on cars like that lol, and ideally new tyres should go on the back if you can only get one pair at a time.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
yeah im choked cos i paid 110 quid for some falkens and they are W@NK! ok in dry but in the wet i ight as welll be driving on glass. mind you i put them on front and better tyres on back. but still dont feel 100% on bends.

actively looking

Moral of the story is: dont plant a car round a wet roundabout and then blame the car/tyres!

As i said before i wasnt going fast!

The fact that someone came up to me in the services after wen i was checking out my car and said "are u alright?" and not "serves u right for driving like a tw@t!" confirms that for me.

The reason i posted was coz i was interested in how many other people it had happened too

Clio 182 cup'd

As i said before i wasnt going fast!

The fact that someone came up to me in the services after wen i was checking out my car and said "are u alright?" and not "serves u right for driving like a tw@t!" confirms that for me.

The reason i posted was coz i was interested in how many other people it had happened too

It shouldnt happen to anyone! Someone who is in full control of a mechanically sound car will never see the rear end or whatever slip out! Thats the reason I posted!

Clio 172 Cup
Just spun mine this morning lost back end on roundabout and hit curb. Rear wheel is extremely buckled. So pissed off but was lucky not to put it into a ditch.

1.8 Civic EX
Was doin my usual trip to oxford this weekend but had a bit of an "exciting" experience. Was pleased as punch with my new good year f1's i had fitted to the front this morning at a bargain price 0f 100quid for the pair.

Unfortunately my rear tyres are still two different random tyres from the previous owner.

I kno the rears are twitchy on 172's and thats usually fun but i was caught completey unaware this morning on a roundabout and went completey round in circles. and ended up stallled and facing the wrong way in the middle of the road.

Anyone else had any similar experiences would love to here them!

if it was a 360 spin you wouldn't be facing the wrong way on the road ;) 180 or 540 maybe?

i've had the same sort of experience with new tyres...managed to control it tho...scared the gf a tad and i certainly wasn't expecting it...