ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

36k Service + Extra's

E39 M5
My cup is up for its 36k Service, Did i hear that there was a good independant in Wimbeldon ? Also i am going to need new front Disc's i have seen some Brembo Grooved disc's on eBay for £80. Anyone used them ? Also i will be going down the braided s/s lines route i take it the godridge ones are the favorites ? I had EBC greenstuffs put on last Jan and have only done 8k in the year. Will i need to replace them with the new disc's ? I am thinking new front tyres also. Will have to be Eagle F1's again, And Finally cambelt change ? Will it need to be done Car is a 52 Cup...

What are peoples opinion's on this little lot ? And what ball park figure will i be looking at ?

Thanks

Also i am going to need new front Disc's i have seen some Brembo Grooved disc's on eBay for £80.

I had EBC greenstuffs put on last Jan and have only done 8k in the year. Will i need to replace them with the new disc's ?
And Finally cambelt change ? Will it need to be done Car is a 52 Cup...

What are peoples opinion's on this little lot ? And what ball park figure will i be looking at ?

Try Yozzasport for disk I'm sure there cheaper. As for groved etc forget it unless you want looks.

You should change disks and pads at the same time realy for ease.

Cambelt was warentied to last 72k/5years so yep your time is getting close to what Renault said most change them at 60k/4years as if they fail its very expensive. Its cheaper to do a cup cambelt but you need the right tools Renault or somoen who honestly has the Renault tools is your only safe bet to many places have tried to do them themselves or garages have tried to improvise with disasterious results the engine needs the right tools. Also they can sometimes try to save time and not change all the tensioners when they should be.

Cambelts about 5 hours work. Belt pack with tensioners is £120 plus £12 or so for the AUX belt.