ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

36k service - is this expensive?

£265 for a minor service on a small hatch is quite a lot mate really?

Maybe it's not just an oil change but it's not a whole lot more if we're honest, and the work involved varies from dealer to dealer. Hardly any of them put the recommended oil in, for starters. One even raised my cost at one service because they hadn't previously realised the air filter needs changing.

Thats without mentioning the fact that many of them have no idea that the aux belt should be changed at 36k. Some even arguing with the customer about it :(

Ad

MK2 FRS
im not having it that theres more to it edde than an oil change... its a piss take.. the parts for my 172 36k service totalled £45....

Last edited:

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
All a 36k service is: oil, oil filter, air filter and aux belt the rest is just visual checks, which tbh took me 30 mins.

I can see £250 being a fair price for 1*2s with aircon, not cups though, belt took me 15mins to do, but they will try and charge you the same amount.

The people in Renault who do your service are not even qualified mechanics

So I believe, yes. Not that it matters, since the manufacturer doesn't seem to know anyway so we can all just make up our own rules.

Maz

LY 200
Well I paid £150 or just under for my 24k and they were quoting me well over £200 for my 36k .. strange .. glad I went to RENTECH int he end . .saves being ripped off

£265 for a minor service on a small hatch is quite a lot mate really?

Maybe it's not just an oil change but it's not a whole lot more if we're honest, and the work involved varies from dealer to dealer. Hardly any of them put the recommended oil in, for starters. One even raised my cost at one service because they hadn't previously realised the air filter needs changing.

Work don't vary a service is a service. If they don't do the jobs then its there risk.

Recomended oil is either 5-40 or 10-40 few owners know this.

They could have accepted the cost of the filter on themslesv for there mistake depends on the dealership.

im not having it that theres more to it edde than an oil change... its a piss take.. the parts for my 172 36k service totalled £45....
Parts for cambelt are £130 or so. A cambelt change is a bit more though same for a clutch only £80 or so but labours the killer.

As a comparison, my new Honda dealer quoted £185 per minor service or £500 for free servicing for 5 years. Quite reasonable I thought.

Work don't vary a service is a service. If they don't do the jobs then its there risk.

Recomended oil is either 5-40 or 10-40 few owners know this.

They could have accepted the cost of the filter on themslesv for there mistake depends on the dealership.

Parts for cambelt are £130 or so. A cambelt change is a bit more though same for a clutch only £80 or so but labours the killer.

I think that whole post sums it all up though mate really. Mistake? How did they not know the air filter wanted changing?

Think about it another way serice a Merc A Class its £250 for a minor service on a 1.4
A majour which this is nearer is £500 minimum .

Ok well prices are one thing. The fact that most dealers dont seem to know WTF to do with renaultsport models is quite another.

Anyway...

Lotus Elise 111R
I'm gonna throw my 2 pennies worth in here..... my renault dealer is totally rubbish as well, going to Rentech now. My experience with 3 local dealers is the same as everyone else's - they have NO idea.

In contrast, I have had several Vauxhalls as company cars, and believe it or not, they were cheap and efficient. Also Land Rover, now they are as expensive as Renault, but they bend over backwards to please, pick up and drop off, all round very impressed.

Mate has a Lexus, he is very impressed, although not cheap.

Edde has a point that they are not the most expensive, but to my mind, it should be the more you pay, the more you get, and I think that the problem most people have with Renault, is that you pay through the nose, and get shoddy service. I mean ARGUING with a customer over what needs doing. They should lose their franchise for that, I have no sympathy!