ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3DMark'06 - post your scores geeks

Lee

BMW M2C
I'm just chucking together a X2 4600 M2 system for one of our new guys. As he's just going to be Tech Director he gets a low spec system. lol

Maybe I should drop my two X1900 XTX's into it later just to see how it does. lol

Did you go with the M2N32-SLI Deluxe Roy?

Yes mate, I got up to 248x11 @ 2.73Ghz @1.5v

Just tried to crack 9k and it went to s**t. I'm happy with that score LOL and it's all back to normal now. Phew :cool:

EDIT: Actually I have a plan...9k is still crackable I reckon. Hmmmmm...

Last edited:

Lee

BMW M2C
Excellent.

This is the first M2 board I've bought for here. Pretty much the same as the 939 version but again with some small but very useful improvements. I have to say (and this is sad) I love the Q-connector. Such a simple thing that someone could have come up with years ago. It's the sort of thing someone who build lots of PCs would have added.

EvoVIII, Gsxr, BMW M3
My alienware pc arrived this morning :D, ran oblivion on it with all the settings cranked up and it didnt even flinch! i'll run 3dmark in a bit.

Revels Mum & Sister
What res?

There arent many PC's out there that can handle Max EVERYTHING on a high res in Oblivion

Just out of curisosity why did you go Alienware when you could have built one for half the price?

EvoVIII, Gsxr, BMW M3
Because I don't know how to build a PC. I had the resolution on 1024 x 768 cause I still have a shitty 17" monitor.

406 passion wagon..
630!

128MB GeForce 6600GT (AGP)

Yep it'll be time for an upgrade soon!

Nice machine you've got there..

K

Revels Mum & Sister
Wasnt a dig just curious James. If I had to buy one of the shelf it would be a Alienware.

Alienware PC and a rubbish monitor. Time for an upgrade ;)

EvoVIII, Gsxr, BMW M3
I know it wasn't a dig ;), I just thought it would be easier to just buy a pre-built system cause I don't understand what components are compatible with eachother and all that, I would probably end up blowing the whole thing up if I tried building my own. I like the alienware cases aswell :p.

JamesRT said:
I know it wasn't a dig ;), I just thought it would be easier to just buy a pre-built system cause I don't understand what components are compatible with eachother and all that, I would probably end up blowing the whole thing up if I tried building my own. I like the alienware cases aswell :p.

That's totally understandable, but next time you really should try a self-build. You can't blow anything up. You just need a bit of researching. Worse case is it wont post. PC building is pretty much like a lego set really :) Very interesting too, not to mention rewarding.

EvoVIII, Gsxr, BMW M3
Roy Munson said:
1024x768 :dead:

To be honest I think mine could render Toy Story 2 in real time at 300fps in that res ;)

I'm sure it could still piss on any game at a higher res, the guy on the phone said that it can easily run any game around at the moment in 2560x1600 res without even making it get off it's ass.

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
Ive just looked on the 3dmark site, and I think my pc would die if I try and run it lol.
It wouldnt even run the dark messiah demo off steam lol

JamesRT said:
I'm sure it could still piss on any game at a higher res, the guy on the phone said that it can easily run any game around at the moment in 2560x1600 res without even making it get off it's ass.

So it could run F.E.A.R. at UberEverything @2560x1600 @60fps+

LOL the power of salesmen :clown:

No offence, I'm sure it's a great system but that's a pretty bold statement.

In the interests of science, what are the specs? I'm not trying to have a dig, just genuinelly gobsmacked by that claim.

Revels Mum & Sister
Yeah I must say I am as well

Roy owns the fastest Gcard on the market at present, and it wont do that!

EvoVIII, Gsxr, BMW M3
Chassis Upgrades: Alienware® AlienIce™ 3.0 Video Cooling + AlienFX™ System Lighting - Astral Blue
Video Card Cooling System:Exclusive Liquid Chilled Solution
Power Supply: 850 Watt Alienware® Approved Turbo Cool SLI
Motherboard: Alienware® Approved NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI Motherboard
Processor: AMD Athlon™ 64 FX-62 Dual Core Processor
Memory: 4GB DDR2 PC-6400 SDRAM at 800MHz - 4 x 1024MB
Video Card: Dual 1024MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ 7950 GX2 - Quad SLI Enabled
Physics Processing Unit: AGEIA PhysX™ Physics Processing Unit
Video Optimiser: AlienAdrenaline: Video Performance
System Drive: Extreme Performance - RAID 0 - 1TB Serial ATA 3Gb/s, 7,200 RPM with 32MB Cache (2 x 500GB)
Optical Drive One: Premium 16x Dual Layer DVD±R/W Recorder
Sound Card: High-Definition 7.1 Performance Audio - Standard
Keyboard: Logitech® G15 Gaming Keyboard - UK
Mouse: Razer Diamondback Mouse
Speakers: Creative® 7.1 THX® GigaWorks™ S750 - UK power supply

Revels Mum & Sister
I take what I said back. That my friend is an UBER RIG. You must have seriously deep pockets. That must be £4K worth

U need to benchmark that sucker with 3dmark06

f**king hell. the memory is overkill but dual 7950 has serious potential. Get it benched in 06 asap.

How much did that lot cost?

You've got dual 7950 and you're running at 1024x768?

Are you on crack?

No doubting that's a very very powerful rig, however you could have built it for c. 2k without the overkill 4GB of RAM and water cooling, which you dont need.

EvoVIII, Gsxr, BMW M3
Ah well :( guess I got shafted for knowing next to nothing about computers, not too bothered though i'm pleased with it. As for the resolution, i'm buying a new monitor tomorrow, this monitor is too small to go over 1024x768 really.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
anyone want my rig? it is uber quick.... at f**king evey thing that it trys to run. lol

Rasclart said:
Glad your getting another

Where from. if your not shy with the coin. I would reccomend

Dell Ultrasharp 2407WFP 24" Widescreen
Samsung SM-244T 24" Widescreen

http://www.overclockers.co.uk

Seconded, I have the 20" version of the Dell to run on my pikey single 7950GX2 at 1680x1050. With those cards you need something with higher res. The Dell panels also letterbox if you need to reduce the res, so you wont have to suffer blurred scaling if you find a game that needs to run lower than 1920.

EvoVIII, Gsxr, BMW M3
I like the look of that Dell, i'm really impatient so I was gonna go out and buy one tomorrow rather than ordering one, gonna bag a few games while i'm out too so I can put this beast in action.

James, I don't think you can normally buy Dell stuff from stores. However they are Samsung panels and can also be found in the Apple displays. Although I've read that the Apple panels dont have such good quality backlighting.

Order online from a store like OCUK and you'll have it the next day. You can't be THAT inpatient??? :D

Revels Mum & Sister
PLEASE dont go out and buy Tat!

A beast like that NEEDS a good screen. Go for a Dell or samsung. Is only another day to wait.

Go get the games tomorrow and order the screen

Indeed! If you buy a substandard panel then you may as well throw that PC in the wheelie bin. To be frank, you've already paid more than needs be for that performance. Don't rub salt into the wound by getting some shitty panel and not being able to benefit from the insane inage quality it can offer.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
JamesRT said:
Chassis Upgrades: Alienware® AlienIce™ 3.0 Video Cooling + AlienFX™ System Lighting - Astral Blue
Video Card Cooling System:Exclusive Liquid Chilled Solution
Power Supply: 850 Watt Alienware® Approved Turbo Cool SLI
Motherboard: Alienware® Approved NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI Motherboard
Processor: AMD Athlon™ 64 FX-62 Dual Core Processor
Memory: 4GB DDR2 PC-6400 SDRAM at 800MHz - 4 x 1024MB
Video Card: Dual 1024MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ 7950 GX2 - Quad SLI Enabled
Physics Processing Unit: AGEIA PhysX™ Physics Processing Unit
Video Optimiser: AlienAdrenaline: Video Performance
System Drive: Extreme Performance - RAID 0 - 1TB Serial ATA 3Gb/s, 7,200 RPM with 32MB Cache (2 x 500GB)
Optical Drive One: Premium 16x Dual Layer DVD±R/W Recorder
Sound Card: High-Definition 7.1 Performance Audio - Standard
Keyboard: Logitech® G15 Gaming Keyboard - UK
Mouse: Razer Diamondback Mouse
Speakers: Creative® 7.1 THX® GigaWorks™ S750 - UK power supply

Yey! Some systems are actually coming with those PhysX cards installed. See, I told you they were a good idea! LOL. :cool:

Good to see that Alienware throws in THE best keyboard out there at the moment. The Logitech G15. Cool piece of kit.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/GB/EN,CRID=2166,CONTENTID=10717

D.

EvoVIII, Gsxr, BMW M3
I remember the guy on the phone saying I need a 30" screen to really get the most out of it but that seems like a ridiculous size seeing as I sit about 3 feet away from the screen.

JamesRT said:
I remember the guy on the phone saying I need a 30" screen to really get the most out of it but that seems like a ridiculous size seeing as I sit about 3 feet away from the screen.

I would go with a Dell 24"

EDIT: Bloody cross posting