ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3M Kit

Fiesta ST2 MP215
I know this has been covered countless times, but being the cynical fucker that is I, I am amazed by how effective this is.
before.jpg

Scabby Headlight above.

after.jpg

Freshly completed one above,

The compound makes a right mess of the car though.

All it needs now is a Supercharger in the Engine bay.

RB 182
I did mine on the weekend too. You see people saying how amazing it is but you don't truly understand until you've done it yourself. Brilliant bit of kit.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
I know I was like f**k I've ruined ot half way through but the 3rd and final set of pads completely transform it. Should be given a which magazine award this.

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
I tried mine the other day and they show scratches and misting/ fogging. What have I done wrong?

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Did you use all of the pads? 3 yellow and 2 white on each? Its the grey one that makes all the difference just keep it nice and wet ( how we like it ) and the orange one make sure the pad doesn't run dry otherwise it heats up to much. Give it another go. I used all the pads up until they had nothing left to give.

RB 182
I was unsure on this too, I just polished them and then applied 3 layers of wax util I knew what to seal them with.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I tried mine the other day and they show scratches and misting/ fogging. What have I done wrong?

Rushed it. That's not a dig or a smart remark, but the only reason it wouldn't leave you perfect lenses is if you have rushed it and not followed each process to the end.

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
So if I redo from a fresh start with the other kit again should remedy if I use all the pads again?

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Yes use all the pads to their end dude. I also used a mains drill going at 3000rpm it blitzed them none of this battery powered crap. I didn't seal mine just gave it a good wash and wax afterwards the pic is before being cleaned.

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
I wanted sabre silt as your pics above. I'll try the other kit with the 172 and then redo the 182 once I get another kit and do with a electric drill and use all pads.

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
I wanted sabre silt as your pics above. I'll try the other kit with the 172 and then redo the 182 once I get another kit and do with a electric drill and use all pads.
Meant to be same result as above.

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
Redone them today with a corded drill and using the entire pack of pads. Come out as they should. I think my cordless drill was too weak and due to batteries losing charge quickly it wasn't working hard enough..

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Good stuff glad it worked. And Cat I've never sealed them as such I just gave them a good wax afterwards.